JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just have to give some kudos to Cold Steel for their version of the Spetznaz shovel. I bought it on a lark but decided to play around with it in the garden one day. It is almost as good as a hatchet for going through roots and hacking branches off of bushes and trees. I like my Gerber machete but I think the blows can be focused better with the Cold Steel shovel. Haven't tried throwing it yet but I have sharpened it and it is right at home in the Jeep for whatever I might need it for. Who knows, I might even dig a hole with it one of these days... :)

Cold-Steel-92SF-rw-7711-1110.jpg

They are nice - good deal for the money. Check out this review on Amazon - probably the funniest thing I've read in a while (edited for brevity..)

...But the handle broke the first day I used it. All was well with the shovel as I banged off branch after branch and threw it into nearby dead trees. Sure, my throws often sucked and it ended up hitting incorrectly and flying off to the side. But that's implied by the design and if [it] requires mastery before using then why even make the thing?! I don't remember the exact details, but the handle broke off a couple inches below the blade after a throw, taking me from joyous fun with a wonderful new tool to disappointment.

So... if something requires you to have skill before using it, then they shouldn't even make it... I hope this guy doesn't drive. Or, ride a bike. Or, leave the house.

You should check out the glock shovel.

When using it to gather firewood, i've been able to wedge it in a rotten tree, and jump on the handle until the wood broke free. It also chops through roots and the like with ease.

I've used and horribly abused that shovel and besides a little finish wear, that thing is practically brand new.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top