JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which condition of carry are you more comfortable with personally?

• Total voters
I just have a very good understanding of how the unexpected can happen. I like the idea on a 1911 that not only would one thing need to go wrong (pressure on trigger) but three things (pressure on trigger, safety flipping off, grip safety compressed) to make it fire unintentionally.

I also do not mind double action pistols since the pressure on the trigger would have to be extreme to make it fire. It is just the light triggers which require very little pressure that make me nervous when the only safety is the one on the trigger. :)

I do not carry my .45 cocked as this can easily be done as it is drawn from concealment. I always carry it chambered as did with my Sigma (same as Glock)when I carried that. I have been carrying for a long time and have never had an issue with either. Just remember to practice practice practice your concealment draw it may make you feel like a little kid playing cowby quick draw but it is good to be prepared.
....................................................................................................
I have a buddy that carried his 1911 like you do and while drilling with it one time he was letting the hammer down with his thumb and it slipped. Bang! The slide really did a number on his thumb! He is now double jointed in that thumb! :s0001::s0001:

I gave my vote to the 1911. Although I personally would not carry one due to the thumb safety, I would feel perfectly comfortable stuffing one down my pants.

The main feature I find comfort in is the hammer, if i can control the hammer I can control the bang. As for decocking the the 1911, I don't believe it was intended to be decocked. I find the perfect combination for carry to be the HK LEM trigger, consistent medium trigger pull weight, no need to decock and exposed hammer.

The Glock does not have a light trigger (comparatively speaking). Unless you talk to someone who has put a light trigger in theirs. The factory trigger @ 5.5 is fine, the 3.5 can be hairy. Straight up, if I have my Glock, Sig 229 and my Beretta 96 cocked, the glock is the heaviest pull.

If you are talking speed from conceiled or holstered to firing, the glock has shown it's advantages. Better maybe to ask a few LEO's which they prefer.

If you consider the sheer numbers of Glock pistols that have been distributed with the trigger safety you may then see the higher discharge mishaps.

"Finger Off the trigger except when on target" commonly trained, but not always obeyed.

The Glock does not have a light trigger (comparatively speaking). Unless you talk to someone who has put a light trigger in theirs. The factory trigger @ 5.5 is fine, the 3.5 can be hairy. Straight up, if I have my Glock, Sig 229 and my Beretta 96 cocked, the glock is the heaviest pull.

If you are talking speed from conceiled or holstered to firing, the glock has shown it's advantages. Better maybe to ask a few LEO's which they prefer.

If you consider the sheer numbers of Glock pistols that have been distributed with the trigger safety you may then see the higher discharge mishaps.

"Finger Off the trigger except when on target" commonly trained, but not always obeyed.
Stop trying to confuse me with facts and logic. You will cause me to start trying to carry my Glocks and it will be on your conscious if I shoot my naughty bits off. :)

I prefer cocked&locked. To me, the purpose of a safety is to prevent the gun from going bang if the trigger is pulled, so I don't see the point of a safety that is deactivated by pulling the trigger.

I prefer cocked&locked. To me, the purpose of a safety is to prevent the gun from going bang if the trigger is pulled, so I don't see the point of a safety that is deactivated by pulling the trigger.

To me, the only purpose of a trigger is to make the gun go bang. My finger never touches the trigger unless I am pulling it. PERIOD.

The trigger safety is for when my gun gets dropped or I fall down or something jars the gun. A safety should not be used to keep from pulling the trigger at the wrong time because your finger should never be on the trigger until you are on target and ready to fire.

While I don't carry anything with a manual safety, I understand that some people feel more comfortable having one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top