JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a 92fs compact, I believe the stamp is telling me made in 1990. Its needs some love, and I was thinking of getting some Cerakote on it. Opinions on if this increases or decreases the value?

A rare piece you would kill the value but this isn't rare so to spruce it up wont make it worth any less than now! There are people that to bluing to perfection here in Washington

After over a decade of buying, selling and trading guns... both as an FFL and a private citizen...

You probably wont recoup your costs when you go to sell it. There is always the exception that you will find someone like yourself that thinks its as awesome as you did.

Best bet is a redo of the factory finish, and when you go to sell it... just say that the finish is excellent condition... and leave it at that.

I see these guys out here that drop hundreds into their guns cerakoting it and adding other bells & whistles that they want, only to sell the gun a few hundred rounds later and list it for hundreds of dollars over the price of a new gun... and there it sits because no one wants to pay for all that when they can get a new or used gun of the same model for much less and then modify it to their liking.

Just my .02... some mods and refinishing may increase the value but hurt resale potential.

Bottom line is dont bother with it unless YOU truly like it and see it as an investment in a gun that you want to shoot the hell out of... not to 'flip it' on here or Armslist.;)

:s0094:I have the same thoughts as shibber . . how many of us have seen guys trying to claim they have an $800 Glock because they took a hot paper clip to stipple the lower half and cerakoted the slide? I think you narrow your market, and what's nifty to you is not generally going to appeal to many others. My other favorite is the "LNIB", when they mention they've fired 500 rounds through it and it's spotless. . . . it's still used. . . used does not equal the price of a new gun, especially here in WA where we have 594. Even on a used transfer, I am going to have to pay tax and FFL fee.. .

I thought 594 would curtail some of the overpricing, especially on Armslist.

How can you ask full price for a used gun when you will have to meet at a dealer, in the midst of new, untouched guns for the same price?!?!?!

The opportunistic greed is the festering underbelly of gun culture... I guess its the beauty of capitalism, but come on.
Who was looking to sell off their stash of M855 3 months ago? Now I can't come here or anywhere else without seeing the stuff being pumped at jacked up prices since Obammy wants to take it away.
Gun classifieds are more volatile than the stock market, hahaha

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads