JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys, if you haven't been watching the CNN Town Hall, it's worth it to checkout the highlights. It's a a CNN orchestrated puppet show to be sure, as the 7000 member audience is mostly anti-gun and I'm pretty sure they handpicked most the questions. But it's a good view to get a pulse of where the antigun side is at.

The two Florida US Senators were there including their H o R rep. The two Dems responded about like what you would expect. I was pretty impressed, however, with the way Marco Rubio handled himself. He honestly seemed pretty presidential throughout most of it, however, the bad news here is that he is now contemplating changing his stance on magazine capacities. He didn't say he has changed, only that he was open to reexamining his position. So we can't know for sure which way he'll go with that. He also said he's willing to up the age from 18 to 21 for rifles.

The Sheriff of Broward County was also on towards the end along with Dana Loesch from the NRA. After watching it, I'm convinced he's part of the problem. He did everything he could to distance himself and duck responsibility for the 39 visits from law enforcement that went nowhere. He seemed like a perfect douche to be honest.

Dana did...ok. She took a beating but it's to be expected in that atmosphere. Kudos to her for showing up but I'm not sure it was very productive. Nobody wanted to hear from the NRA, just condemn them.

Last Edited:
Maybe just maybe seeing your friend killed in front of you or losing a family member might just taint your views on guns. If my daughter or son was killed by someone like Cruz I might feel like they did - a lot of pain and madness.

Maybe just maybe seeing your friend killed in front of you or losing a family member might just taint your views on guns. If my daughter or son was killed by someone like Cruz I might feel like they did - a lot of pain and madness.

Exactly! People who are that emotional and close to the problem are not the ones who should be defining policy. Moreover, going through something like that does not make you an expert on gun policy. It might make you an expert on extreme tragedy, but not gun policy.

And as for the silly notion that my position would change if it had happened to me...No. It's called principles. I hold Evil accountable for it's actions, not the tool it decides to use. An AR15 or any gun didn't make this monster do what he did. And it completely overlooks any and all of the lives that guns save and protect every day. I have every ounce of compassion for the pain these people are going through...right up to the point where they try to take my rights.

And that is always the first answer and only answer from the left. My god, we can't even talk about locking a freaking door on a high school campus while class is in session. Or where the Sheriff's resource officer was when this whole thing went down. Or what happened during the 39 law enforcement contacts this kid had in the last year...the sheriff did everything he could to deflect and and not answer that one. But I have to give up my rights? Sorry, not going to happen. Not EVER going to happen.

I'm open to having a REAL conversation with the Left on how to solve this...but this crap show was not that. Not even close. Because the Left doesn't want a real conversation. All they want to do is scream and dictate policy. Is it any wonder nothing ever changes. :rolleyes:

Guys, if you haven't been watching the CNN Town Hall, it's worth it to checkout the highlights. It's a a CNN orchestrated puppet show to be sure, as the 7000 member audience is mostly anti-gun and I'm pretty sure they handpicked most the questions. But it's a good view to get a pulse of where the antigun side is at.

The two Florida US Senators were there including their H o R rep. The two Dems responded about like what you would expect. I was pretty impressed, however, with the way Marco Rubio handled himself. He honestly seemed pretty presidential throughout most of it, however, the bad news here is that he is now contemplating changing his stance on magazine capacities. He didn't say he has changed, only that he was open to reexamining his position. So we can't know for sure which way he'll go with that. He also said he's willing to up the age from 18 to 21 for rifles.

The Sheriff of Broward County was also on towards the end along with Dana Loesch from the NRA. After watching it, I'm convinced he's part of the problem. He did everything he could to distance himself and duck responsibility for the 39 visits from law enforcement that went nowhere. He seemed like a perfect douche to be honest.

Dana did...ok. She took a beating but it's to be expected in that atmosphere. Kudos to her for showing up but I'm not sure it was very productive. Nobody wanted to hear from the NRA, just condemn them.

I was reading that sheriff worked on HillaryS campaign so it's obvious he will have a leftist view. 39 visits and the kid kills 17 tells you he is a failure as a sherriff, perfect for CNN.

Was just reading that CNN wouldn't let some of the guest on unless the guest asked scripted questions that CNN wanted asked. A junior who saved lives wasn't allowed to tell his story because CNN wanted this about gun control.

I asked this question of myself after watching that CNN town hall. If I were to give up my guns would anyone be safer, would my nieces and nephews be any safer? After contemplating I have came up with the definitive answer - absolutely not. We would be more vulnerable and i.cant let that happen.

No really you have to laugh at the liars at CNN. When asked about the students story CNN says they never ask scripted question.:s0140: No really they completely forgot they gave Hillary the questions in the debate and got caught doing it but tell us how honest they are in the gun debate.:s0140:

Kid wanted to ask about putting armed guards in the schools and CNN didn't want that talked about.

Evidence?

Oh this please. Wild accusations and claims of monkey poo abound, trying to put pee in everyone's cheerios.

Anyway, misdirected outrage as usual. Ok, Cheetah, lets go to the facts.

• 11 teens die every day as a result of texting while driving.
  • According to a AAA poll, 94% of teen drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting and driving, but 35% admitted to doing it anyway.
  • 21% of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted by their cell phones.
  • Teen drivers are 4x more likely than adults to get into car crashes or near-crashes when talking or texting on a cell phone.
  • A teen driver with only one additional passenger doubles the risk of getting into a fatal car accident. With two or more passengers, they are 5x as likely.
Do some quick math. This is elementary school level stuff.

School shooting since 2014 (Parkland, Umpqua, Marysville) 17 + 5 + 9 = 31

Cellphone related traffic deaths since the same period using the average 11 * 365 * 5 = 20075

Work out the ratio. 31 / 20075 = 0.001544209

People should get their priorities straight.

Last Edited:
upload_2018-2-22_11-27-37.png

Scripted Questions:
CNN Denies Planting 'Scripted' Questions At Town Hall -- Video Evidence Makes Their Explanation Fall Apart
"Colton Haab, a JROTC enlistee who has previously spoken with media outlets about how he helped his peers seek shelter during the shooting, did not take part in Wednesday's event on the grounds that CNN attempted to plant "scripted" questions for him to ask."
""There is absolutely no truth," to Haab's claim, CNN's Vice President of Communications and Digital Partnerships Matt Dornic told TheDC. "CNN did not provide or script questions for anyone in last night's town hall, nor have we ever."

Shooting survivor claims CNN gave him scripted question | Daily Mail Online
Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me "Scripted Question" After Denying Question About Armed Guards

"Colton wrote questions about school safety, suggested using veterans as armed school security guards but claims CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question instead so he decided not to go," Stanwood reported.

Dana has a pair for showing up, less sharing her view on that s*&t show.
Her CPAC speech was fabulous. Makes me want to rejoin the NRA. Now if the NRA would only have an option to check off:
  • Check here if you want us to keep all the paper crap we send in the mail as well as the magazine, just put my contribution towards NRA TV.

Her CPAC speech was fabulous. Makes me want to rejoin the NRA. Now if the NRA would only have an option to check off:
  • Check here if you want us to keep all the paper crap we send in the mail as well as the magazine, just put my contribution towards NRA TV.

They do, just contact them and OPT OUT of further communications. It's that simple even this caveman did it.:)

I don't have cable, but streamed a little bit of it on my phone. It was a stadium full of anti gun people, with an anti gun host and an anti gun lawmaker, and an anti gun sherriff, against Dana Loesch. She did as good as she could.

Rubio was a spineless coward who caved.

cnn was trying to pass it off as fair and an accurate cross section of the nation, where there is all the "right thinking" people, and then there is the murderous NRA and it's evil minions.

There are some real problems in the NRA...and it's not just their inundating you with paper. I'm absolutely livid over their BS stance on the bump stock. And no, it isn't about the damn bump stocks themselves. I don't own one or care about them personally. It's how whatever new law they propose gets written. Using such open ended terminology as a "rate increasing device," for example, could pave the way to ban a whole host of things from after market triggers to STANDARD capacity magazines. "We have to ban the magazines you see because having so many bullets at your disposal allows you to surpass the acceptable rate of fire."

We have given all we should ever give. Not one more damn inch! And I want the rest of my rights back! Wayne Lapierre needs to go! The dinosaurs in the organization need to go! Wayne's multi million dollar fat paycheck definitely needs to go! Any money I have to donate to the cause will go to GOA until the NRA cleans their house. Just my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews