JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A singer would be nice. And maybe a mixmaster Singer with some other named slide may slip through.
But with a easy to spot serial number group for Singers, S800001 - S800500. I would bet the eagle eyed workers at the CMP will catch it and send it up for auction first.

I know most people will receive shooter grade 1911's. But if they enjoy it that's cool.
And who knows. Maybe they will get the itch for a nicer all correct 1911A1?

I did not buy one this time. I feel there overpriced for what they are. And anyways there should be more to come.
But I look forward to seeing what some get? Maybe people will get guns that are nicer than expected?

And if I see others getting beauties while I sat this one out?
I'm OK kicking myself, And being happy for them. I'm not gona be ''Sour Grapes'' one way or the other.

Last Edited:
I think you're right. I've heard something like that about CMP. I believe I've heard that they ship right to your door? Or used to?

Yeah they will, if you live in a free state. Here on the left coast it still has to go through an FFL.

To sign up for CMP you do need a dated membership card or form from a shooting club, proof of participation in a marksmanship program (or a CHL), proof of US citizenship and a notarized form that's the equivalent of a 4473. You also give them your preferred FFL's info with your first order.

Once they have all that stuff (their form gives you the actual list, don't trust me here) you're good to order from them for 3 years. For me it was worth the hassle to get a couple of Garands.

Yeah they will, if you live in a free state. Here on the left coast it still has to go through an FFL.

To sign up for CMP you do need a dated membership card or form from a shooting club, proof of participation in a marksmanship program (or a CHL), proof of US citizenship and a notarized form that's the equivalent of a 4473. You also give them your preferred FFL's info with your first order.

Once they have all that stuff (their form gives you the actual list, don't trust me here) you're good to order from them for 3 years. For me it was worth the hassle to get a couple of Garands.

My rifles have all been shipped to my house in Oregon.

Pay $35 to the GCA and there is your club. A DD 214, CPL, or hunters safety course shows proficiency.
Then just send a copy of your drivers license or birth certificate to prove your a citizen. And get your paperwork stamped by a notary down at your bank and send it in.

The 1911's have a bit extra to do but not bad.
Mostly FFL shipping information/Form. Pistols do ship to an FFL.

1911 Information - Civilian Marksmanship Program

Well they were still shipping to peoples front doors in 2015?

cmp shipping to OR question

And 2018, don't ask me how I know. o_O

They exist under their own set of rules, two background checks for the 1911s though.

Now, since it requires a LOT more hassle then a standard 4473 and most use a concealed carry permit which requires fingerprinting and a background check why the hell is it required anyway?

I think in Canada once you are approved to own them the RMP allow it to ship right to your door... Honestly not sure why we can't get the same deal.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top