Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CMMG AR-15 22 LR Conversions

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by ArmedAmish, Sep 20, 2009.

1. ArmedAmish

ArmedAmish Sherwood, OR Member

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience with the CMMG AR-15 22 LR conversion kits? I bought one at the PDX gun show yesterday, after the sales guy talked 'em up. He said that CMMG made the Ciener kits at one point, and that these were an improvement on that (they look exactly like the Ciener).

It was $200 for the kit with 3 mags.

Anyone with any experience with these?

Thanks in advance.

Bryce

2. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

bolt and 3 mags, for $200.. sounds like a good deal. Normaly its that price for the kit and 1 mag.

3. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

There were kits there for $120, big blowout sale.

jj

4. sultanofswat

sultanofswat canby, OR Member

i just bought one a couple weeks ago and havent had any problems. just a couple of duds from some remington thunderbolts. so i have really enjoyed it and was glad i got it

5. krawl

krawl Oregon Member

They didn't make them for ciener to my knowledge. A few companies make modified ciener kits. The CMMG's should be good to go.

6. Diana Henry

Diana Henry Guest

I have neighbor in law enforcement and he has one in his AR, he has nothing bad to say about it. He has two young teen agers who run alot of brass thru it when he isn't. I'm from MO. which is where these are built, I'm hoping they are built country tough like the rest of us because I'm interested in one myself. I think with the three mags. you got a deal.

7. DerekF

DerekF Seattle, WA Member

I've had mine for about a month now. Used it on two different uppers and have had no issues. I had a couple of hiccups using cheap ammo but they were easily resolved - I also experienced these hiccups in other 22's so I blame the cheap ammo. Using CCI mini-mag ammo, it was flawless.

8. Kennedy

Kennedy Beaverton Member

I have had one for 6 months or so. They are awesome, never had an issue. And that was a smokin deal

9. Diana Henry

Diana Henry Guest

CCI Ammo, the best!!! All my guns perform the best using CCI ammo.:thumbup:

10. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if these are good to go with a notched hammer? The dedicated uppers don't like notched hammers.

11. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Had some teething problems with my CMMG .22lr conversion, but once those issues were fixed i've not had any problems.