JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope, haven't been up there. But I know a lot of what looks like great areas to shoot out by Tahuya Forest are also marked as "No Target Shooting".

That's why it was nice to stumble onto the area I did since it had several "locals" there who said they use the spot all the time. The place has lots of big tree stumps to place targets on. Just please pick up all trash and brass so the place doesn't get marked "No Shooting" like so many others.

Young teenagers make great trash police. :s0114:

The only other place I've found to replace the old one just south of the Kitsap Airport was up on the south slope of Mount Rainier along skate creek, and that was 8 hours round trip, not really worth it for me in U Place.

I'll be sure to be considerate and friendly out in DeWatto. Hope to visit next week, weather willing!

It's funny about stuff like this. The way I 'found' my last place by the airport, a guy I knew at the time described this place, and I went out there and found it.

Next time I went I took the guy, and it turned out the place I 'found' was not the place he'd described.

It was good up until early 90's then I moved to Oregon. When I got back 9 years later, there was a truck depot built on the property.

I really miss the old almost-in-Belfair place.

It WAS about where the green tower is in this pic...

I guess it's like everything else in this life, here today gone ...someday, make hay while the sun's out. :s0155:

Can anyone give me specific directions to the spot to go in Capitol Forest? I'm sure it's been posted before, but please help me out. Feel free to PM.

This is the pit that I've been to at Capitol Forest. Save the attachment and rename from txt to kmz and import into Google Earth.

Attachments

• Capitol Forest Pit - Shooting Location.txt
    677 bytes · Views: 358
Alright... everybody is back safe... :s0114:

We managed to spend three hours of quality drive time and man was I way off on my guess as to that shooting location!!

This time though I had the GPS with us so just as it was getting dark and I was beginning to think that we weren't going to find the spot... the roads started looking familiar. :D

I'm attaching an ACTUAL place file for Google Earth and I put into the properties tab of the place file a web link to a Mapquest aerial map of the spot (since the Google imagery in the area is extremely poor). You'll need to rename the attachment to ".kmz" again in order to open it with Google Earth.

For those who want to just see the aerial photo, here is the link: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=D....514543:-122.974785:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Can you shoot a rifle at this loacation? From the picture, the area looks flat,and if you zoom out, it looks like there is a building just past the tree line. Thanks, Shane.

Can you shoot a rifle at this loacation? From the picture, the area looks flat,and if you zoom out, it looks like there is a building just past the tree line. Thanks, Shane.

We were using it to sight in a couple of .243's, a .204 Ruger, and my .30-06 rifle. We parked in the northwest corner and aimed towards the east and southeast corner where we had targets set up on large stumps at 50, 75, and 100 yards. We also did some shooting at other stumps out to about 200 yards.

The only building on the photo appears to be one south of the site next to the road and we were shooting away from the road and generally towards the east and east-southeast. There were several locals there when we arrived that were shooting out towards the swamp on the east with pistols and a couple rifles as well.

I thought you moved to Phoenix?? (JK... my brother's name is Shane also).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top