Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

close please

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by quietken2000, Feb 14, 2010.

1. quietken2000

quietken2000 Springfield Member

close thread please

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Either one would do.

Both are good prospects as I have many Taurus brand and I have carried a Sigma .40 when they first came out. I just went away from double stack carry for ease of concealment in any weather. Kinda hard to hide a double stack with just a t-shirt to cover it.

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

No more Taurus for me. I have owned four or so and three have needed warranty work. And granted two of the three were fixed okay (I ordered parts three years ago and still haven't seen them). I have owned a lot of S&W (both autos and revolvers) and none have needed major repairs yet. I would recommend going with a Ruger if a S&W is out of your price range. They're heavy tanks, but are reliable and built to last.

4. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

If you're looking for an inexpensive .40, I would look into the CZ 40P

5. Outrider

Outrider Oregon Active Member

I would skip both choices. The Sigma is not a good gun. Most people I know who buy them end up wanting something else to replace them. There's a reason they are priced where they are. And Taurus has a real problem with poor Quality Control.

From my point of view, it's worth it to add the extra money and get something better than the two options listed.

6. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Personally I would pick up a well used Glock 19 or 23 over either of your choices. There have been many used Glock's for $325-350 lately.

7. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

Go with the taurus if its between the two. I have a 24/7 and its a great gun. But if you have choices get a CZ. I just got a CZ p07 and love it.