JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have emailed Sheriff Garry E. Lucas several times to have him tell me where he stands on protecting the county's citizens 2A rights.
I have never received a reply. It's not a good sign when an elected official refuses to let the people know where he stands on important issues.

I have included his contact info below. Maybe if we ask in mass we can get a reply. Thank you....

Clark County Sheriff's Office:

Street Address: 707 West 13th Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 410, Vancouver, WA 98666

Main phone: (360) 397-2211

E-mail: [email protected]

You could just go in an talk to him. He is a approachable person. I live in Vancouver and talk to the the Sheriff department quit often. It is a open door policy...

I do not know what answer you expect to get when you ask him. "Where he stands on protecting the county's citizens 2A rights." Has he done anything wrong in protecting 2A rights? if so then I would rather write about that to gain more attention.. Just a thought

So in other words, you sent an email to a tiny County and didn't receive a specific response and now you're butthutt over it?

Um get over it? Um, maybe pay a visit to your local county SD?

Maybe, um, don't be a douche?

I have heard from multiple sources he will sign off on cans, for anyone that wants one.

When I first moved to Washington Clark County Sheriffs office was one of the first government agencies I did business with.

They seemed like they wanted to give me a CPL, was surreal compared to my last state of residence. I think it was the best experience I have had with a GOV agency.

I know another member also sent him a email, and didn't get a response AFAIK.

I'm not even slightly worried about it, nobody is coming for our guns. Especially not deputies from the Sheriffs department.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yea there was zero issue getting him to sign off on my SBS, silencer etc. There have been many Sheriff's across the country that have publicly stated that they plan to uphold there county citizens 2A rights. Would be nice to have a public statement to that effect.

So in other words, you sent an email to a tiny County and didn't receive a specific response and now you're butthutt over it?

Uhhhh.... Was there REALLY cause to be THAT caustic? REALLY? Having a bad day? Did you run out of maxi-pads? Did your weiner shink and/or fall off again and you're just lashing out? Or are you upset over a tattoo that didn't turn out the way you wanted?

Sheesh! :s0155:

Yakima County Population - 247,141
Clark County Population - 433,418

Tiny County? Try again, and maybe if you do you could act like less of a d-bag.

One thing that I have picked up from all this discussion of support for the 2nd Amendment is this: What does the 2nd Amendment mean to you? Where are it's limits, in your opinion?
Too many republicans (and most democrats) will claim that they "fully support" 2A, only to add that "nobody needs an assault weapon; no 'hi-capacity' magazines; universal backround checks ok; 'gun registration? What's the problem?'," etc. etc.
My point is, when you hear them say that they support 2A, what exactly DO they support?
And with Cantwell and Murray: They both claim to support veterans, but both voted "no" on the Burr amendment to force the VA to do legally adjudacation (sp) before sending a vet's a name to NICS. Hypacrites (sp)!

The 2A to me means a measure of parity with .gov goon squads. Yes, yes, yes.... I know they have armor, tanks, airial drones, etc, etc... but the goons at the point of the spear will be in some deep consideration after a few engagements... they bleed too, and the Schmucks running the show can't do jack-sheite w/o goon squads to carry out their delusions of grandure.

Ultimately, the 2A enables me to be a Citizen on his feet (and I'll go out that way), not a subject on my knees.

Well, the Clark County Sheriffs office, for many years, had a "no guns allowed" in the public areas. It wasn't until Seattle lost the last case in court regarding ignoring the State preemption and action by the Commissioners that got them to remove the illegal signs. Not sure if the illegal signage was ever enforced but I never wanted to be a test case!

Deen, the signage at county parks still says "No Firearms" among other things. The last time I looked, the county ordinance against firearms in county buildings was still on the books.
I pretty much ignore them as unenforceable.
Where I get concerned is when VanPD arrests someone because they are armed, and charges them with "disturbing the peace" rather than with "menacing" (because they can't). Local judges let them get away with it, and no one appeals. (Kurt Kirby, anyone?)

Deen, the signage at county parks still says "No Firearms" among other things. The last time I looked, the county ordinance against firearms in county buildings was still on the books.
I pretty much ignore them as unenforceable.
Where I get concerned is when VanPD arrests someone because they are armed, and charges them with "disturbing the peace" rather than with "menacing" (because they can't). Local judges let them get away with it, and no one appeals. (Kurt Kirby, anyone?)
Mike:
The sings at the park just a block away from my home also still say no firearms and that's still legal. It's just unenforceable if you have a CPL, or doing open carry, as I understand it.

Deen,
The Seattle Parks gun-ban was what got Greg Nickles and then Mike McGinn (Seattle mayors) into hot water. SAF's lawsuit went all the way to the WA Supreme Court, who categorically struck down the ban as being null under state preemption.
:)

Falling Leaf Lake in Camas also has a no firearms sign as you enter. Believe this is a City Park but it's in Clark County.

I guess because of preemption these signs can be ignored ?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Camas is notorious for that. Sign in park close by says the same, but when you look in the Camas city code, it says "blah blah everything forbidden, except where state law applies": 12.32.150 Chapter 12.32 - PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS I see the sign and shrug. As long as it doesn't print too much people won't notice and there won't be any issue I guess. :)

I did get my cpl from Camas PD, who were quick, professional, friendly and courteous.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top