JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You had your appt the other week. How long before that did you apply on line and hos long did it take for the office to call you back to make the appt?

My appt was the other week. I applied for both at the same time about 2 months ago. It took them a few days to get back to me, but at the time they were booked out to December. I got lucky that they had a cancelation.

I received an email reply from the Clackamass Sherriffs office to my question about the call back/appt delays. The office replied that they are 2-3 weeks behind in call backs and they are recieving hundreds of requests each day . They said to be patient.

So a quick estimation on my part , if they are 2- 3 weeks behind and getting hundreds of requests each day is it safe to assume that my on line application had at least two weeks of applicants ahead of it for appointments. Means that there will be at least 1400 applicants, if not more, ahead of me in the appointmnet process, Ugh, I'll guess that maybe when I get that call, earliest appointment will be next summer unless the dept puts more people into processing applicants.

I'll update the appt. dates and see how close my guess is when I get my call back

I received an email reply from the Clackamass Sherriffs office to my question about the call back/appt delays. The office replied that they are 2-3 weeks behind in call backs and they are recieving hundreds of requests each day . They said to be patient.

So a quick estimation on my part , if they are 2- 3 weeks behind and getting hundreds of requests each day is it safe to assume that my on line application had at least two weeks of applicants ahead of it for appointments. Means that there will be at least 1400 applicants, if not more, ahead of me in the appointmnet process, Ugh, I'll guess that maybe when I get that call, earliest appointment will be next summer unless the dept puts more people into processing applicants.

I'll update the appt. dates and see how close my guess is when I get my call back

I emailed too (last week) and got a quick reply, basically the same but they didn't tell me how far out they were...

At this rate, I doubt I'll have my CHL before the end of 2021. I even contacted a few attorneys to see if there's anything I can do and was told that without an *accepted* application meaning that you've paid the fee and had the fingerprints done, there's nothing you can do because of the way the law is written. They technically don't ever need to respond to requests for a CHL.

Oh well, what can we do? Just accept it and move on. I'm not going to risk my right to own firearms in the future by carrying illegally and there's nothing else I can do besides move to a different state or county that is actually issuing licenses so... I just won't carry until one of those things happens I guess.

I got my call back :)and they are booking now in Feb for appts. :(

So in summary it took 13 working days for the office to call back to make an appt. and they are now booking those appts 4 1/2 months later.

I got my call back :)and they are booking now in Feb for appts. :(

So in summary it took 13 working days for the office to call back to make an appt. and they are now booking those appts 4 1/2 months later.
Thanks for the update.

Well at least you got a callback and an appointment so congrats on that!

Still waiting on my callback, going on 14 working days since my first call :(...

Wow, guess all that "peaceful protesting" has folks thinking more about their own personal security.

Sorry to hear wait times are so ridiculous, 4.5 months out, that's just plain crazy. Better to get in line now before that line gets even longer, who knows how that will look in October or November.

Got my call back this morning (left a message on 9/1/2020) and my appointment is set for the first week of February.

I did ask about cancellations and she said they didn't have any official cancellation list but that I could call and check in every month or so to see if they can push my scheduling forward.

Better late than never I guess!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads