JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got a callback from Clackamas county for a CHL appointment....they are booked out until mid December :eek: Got lucky and they had a cancellation on September 8th. At this pace my Utah CHL might come back sooner.

Just got a callback from Clackamas county for a CHL appointment....they are booked out until mid December :eek: Got lucky and they had a cancellation on September 8th. At this pace my Utah CHL might come back sooner.

How long did it take them to call you back? I left a message yesterday and I'm just curious. At any rate it looks like I won't have my CHL til 2021 barring some cancelation miracle.

Maybe don't quote me on this but I do not think you can carry using the Utah CHL if you do not also have the OR CHL. Your residence is Oregon, not Utah. I think that your secondary CHLs are conditional on your having a state residency CHL. Might be wrong but being right would be traumatic for you. But call or send an email to your county sheriffs CHL division to be safe.

Maybe don't quote me on this but I do not think you can carry using the Utah CHL if you do not also have the OR CHL. Your residence is Oregon, not Utah. I think that your secondary CHLs are conditional on your having a state residency CHL. Might be wrong but being right would be traumatic for you. But call or send an email to your county sheriffs CHL division to be safe.

I wasn't implying I would carry with my Utah CHL without my Oregon one. Utah isn't even recognized in Oregon. Only reason I really got it was on the off chance I drive to WA. I would hate to cross the Columbia then get pulled over with my firearm and not have a recognized CHL there. Thanks for looking out though.

I did hear that Oregon does now recognize one other state in reciprocity. I was thinking Utah but it may have been Nevada. Somewhere there. Utah has a tougher testing but who knows.

I did hear that Oregon does now recognize one other state in reciprocity. I was thinking Utah but it may have been Nevada. Somewhere there. Utah has a tougher testing but who knows.

Unless its happened in like the last week, Oregon doesn't recognize any other states CHL. Utah doesn't require any testing, just that your CHL course be very specific so that it meets the Utah guidelines.

OK. might be wrong about the other state thing and I was searching for the right word writing that and settled on testing. Poor choice on my part. You are correct.

It's been 10 days since I called and left a message with the Clackamas CHL department and still haven't received a callback to schedule an appointment. Maybe I'll have a CHL in 2022? :mad:

But really though, is there any precedence to applying for a CHL in a different county that might actually be able to issue one?

It's been 10 days since I called and left a message with the Clackamas CHL department and still haven't received a callback to schedule an appointment. Maybe I'll have a CHL in 2022? :mad:

But really though, is there any precedence to applying for a CHL in a different county that might actually be able to issue one?
I would imagine that any/all CCSO deputies from all departments are out in the community right now. Much of it is on fire and public safety will take precedence.

I would imagine that any/all CCSO deputies from all departments are out in the community right now. Much of it is on fire and public safety will take precedence.
Yeah this is compounding the concern. Our neighborhood has about 10 RV's and travel trailers in it that weren't here yesterday because of all the people displaced around the county.

We in the Portland area have always watched the fires from a distance and now it is, sometimes literally, in our backyards. Not a good time but people are mobilizing to help ranchers and others from the outlying areas.

Going on two weeks now since the on line appication and no call back yet for an appt. Anybody else having any luck getting an appt lately? Frustrating since you don't know how deep you are on the call back list and no way of finding out. I'm going to email the office and see what they reply with

Going on two weeks now since the on line appication and no call back yet for an appt. Anybody else having any luck getting an appt lately? Frustrating since you don't know how deep you are on the call back list and no way of finding out. I'm going to email the office and see what they reply with

They are so slow right now. I got Utah CHL today in the mail. Put that application in at the same time as my Oregon one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top