Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Circuit Court: 'Unsettled' if 2nd Amendment Applies Outside of Home

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by gonefishinagain, Aug 6, 2013.

1. gonefishinagain

gonefishinagain Vancouver, WA Member

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Morons.

3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I am so tired of these judges (who are supposed to be independent of political affiliation) who blatantly show their true colors on abusing the 2nd Amendment!!!!!
    AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

4. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Political judical activism for the left with life time appointments for some of them. Whats the process for firing a judge that does not follow the constitution?

5. rapgood

rapgood Seattle, WA Member

Yeah. I'm licensed to practice in the Third Circuit. It's a particularly obtuse environment at times. Fortunately, the Ninth Circuit doesn't appear to agree with the Third.

Will_Power and (deleted member) like this.
  6. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Impeachment.

7. rapgood

Yep. "Lifetime" appointments of Federal Judges are not absolute (contrary to common belief).

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

It doesn't say where you can bear arms so will limit it. What BS!! So obscure, you just can't make it up. The 2A is intended to provide an avenue for the citizens of the Republic to have the means to oppose an oppressive government, if need be. Let us hope that is never required and that those intent on limiting freedom in this country see the error of their ways.

God help us....

9. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

Scary obviously to see ignorance like this on display. It should be said however, that the idea that anything is "unsettled" will be overwritten as it goes up the chain. Even the ridiculous ninth circuit will know better.

10. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

I see the "To Keep" part as being in my home, but "And Bear" implies something different. If we are to "Bear" arms does that not mean that they are to be visible to our potential foes? How would we "Keep And Bear Arms" without keeping them in our homes and bearing them on the street?

11. rapgood

When the framers wrote the BoR, "bear" meant simply to "carry" (as it means today).

12. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Or a noose.

13. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

So then we do keep them in our homes and bear them on the street, correct? It's not all in the home as the traitors would like to spin it?

14. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

just goes to show you it's not what you know it's who you know..... even being a judge you don't have to be smart just :drinkingbuds:

15. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Blanket party anyone!!!!

16. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I sense a coming war.

17. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Wait, did I hear that correctly? The 9th circuit being on the correct side of something? oh.... that can't be good, we all know that the 9th is the most overturned court in the nation...

18. rapgood

Most overturned, numerically yes. It is also the largest circuit. The ratio of overturns to decisions is about the same nationwide.

19. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Ok, so I waded through the decision....what a read that was. To me (and I confess to not being a jurist!) the court took a VERY convoluted way around the truth to arrive at their decision.

A right is a right. How can a right be exercised only in the home? Do we have a right to religion, freedom of speech, jury trial, attorneys, etc., only in the home? How can a "fundamental human right" only be exercised in the home? Inquiring minds want to know...

20. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I agree one-eyed.

That court decision makes as much sense as the other court decision that made our vehicles public property.