JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There is a new book out about his life. My wife got it for me at Costco and it's an interesting read. He is from Lakeview and my age. Much of what I read reminded me of my childhood and teenage years. The book is The Sniper. He had 106 confirmed kills.

The author is a friend of mine. He lives down your way @joken. He has written a couple of fiction books too, The Little Bastards and Swerve. Both are entertaining reads!! I haven't read The Sniper yet, but my copy should be here any day now.
https://www.jimlindsayauthor.com
Wait… I thought I remembered that you were into fast cars and such, not READING?!

:s0153:

;):D

hangs in my load room
-

chuck.jpg
-

Sadly Mr. Mawhinney passed away on Valentine's Day

I had no idea who he was before hearing about his death listening to the Lars Larson show. A freat and humble man I wish I would have had the honor to meet.

"The most lethal sniper in U.S. Marine Corps history has passed away.

Chuck Mawhinney, 75, died on February 12, 2024, at his home in Baker City, Oregon, according to local reports.

Mawhinney holds the record for the most confirmed kills in the history of the Marines — 103, with an additional 216 probable kills."

RIP Sir!

I had the honor of meeting him many years ago when we both worked for the Forest Service. In the week we spent together in a fire camp I never once would have guessed about his accomplishments.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews