JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys- I just got a new hornady 17 hornet built on a ruger action and want to chronograph the factory ammo (20" barrel) this weekend at tri-county. anyone gonna be there or have one I can borrow??

very excited about this new round and want to see the velocity on a shorter barrel.

I've had no trouble from the remanufactured one I bought from Chrony. I think it was less than $80. Comes in handy every now and then. I'm not in your area, or I'd let you use it at my range. BTW, if you do borrow one, there is a really important thing you should know, something many chronograph owners have learned the hard way: DON'T SHOOT THE CHRONY. :D Sounds silly, but ask around.

BTW, if you do borrow one, there is a really important thing you should know, something many chronograph owners have learned the hard way: DON'T SHOOT THE CHRONY. :D Sounds silly, but ask around.

That's no joke. Mine have been shot and totalled by friends, 3 different times. Twice by the same friend who just happens to be a Swat Sniper. He then bought his own and has shot it a couple times.

That's no joke. Mine have been shot and totalled by friends, 3 different times. Twice by the same friend who just happens to be a Swat Sniper. He then bought his own and has shot it a couple times.

I have this new thing where I put a piece of cellophane up instead of the chrony, then shoot at the target. Chrony is then placed well below the holes in the cellophane. If that doesn't work you could always start taking a $100 deposit. "No cash on you? Which gun do you want to put up as collateral?" :s0087:

Hmmm. The lost technology of screens seperate from the brain box. Kinda like seatbelts on the Enterprise.

Sure like my Oehler. (Yes, it has a small .25 caliber groove in one of the skyscreens, but what a relief that the brain box was right next to me rather than downrange.)

My Son in law shot the metal supports for the sky screens and of course that ruined my crony, I now use wood dowls that I picked up at a hardware store to support the sky screens, no more prob's, they break easley and wont shock the crony. Now if I can just keep My SIL away !!!

Good Shooting

Lindy

love the reply guys lol. I will end up buying one but was hoping for a quick shoot through one to test my new hornet ammo. I would clearly pay to replace one if I had shot one that I had borrowed/used :s0155:

anybody have one they want to trade for my single shot 20gauge posted here? :cool:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top