JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of our shooters turned up this morning with this seriously spiffy piece of shooting gear - a portable doppler RADAR chronograph.

Now, it's probably vieux chapeau for most of you people, but over here, where RADAR was invented, it's unusual to see technology like this on a range.

upload_2017-4-23_14-59-9.png

All you do is punch in the projectile weight and then shoot. It does all the usual chrono things, like giving you an average, e/s all that stuff, and so on. We found that the position of the muzzle was critical - it needs to be adjacent to the side-sensor or else the shot gets ignorised.

No other set-up is needed - and it has to be THE definitive club buy.

This one belongs to a member who also shoots .50BMG from his collection of .50BMG rifles, so the cost of $800 is, to him, immaterial.

If anybody is interest - a few details about the pic. He is shooting a Taurus .357Mag long-barrelled revolver. I was shooting my Ruger Super Redhawk with a load of 6.5gr of Unique and 158gr HC-TCC - average velocity 1198fps.

upload_2017-4-23_15-10-14.png

Apologies to all for whom this image causes offence.

My .45-70 high Wall, shooting a 405gr HCFN over 30gr of 4198, made 1358fps and a one inch fifteen shot group. 'twas only 25m, mind.

tac

Buddy had one. Didn't end up liking it as much as he thought because when there are multiple shooters close by it gets confused. He was at a public range all the time and it was too much hassle. He prefers the magneto speed

Your friend might want to shoot at one end do the range trying to keep space from other shooters.

However his loss is my gain and he sent it to me. It should be here Monday?

:)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top