JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now….. you KNOW what's gonna happen when you USMC types mention crayons….

o_O

;):D
We get hungry. Which in return makes us angry.

We're like Americas little pit bull. They beat it, starve it, mistreat it, and every once and awhile they let it out to attack somebody. - Generation Kill

the first word is Conceal .... sooooo isn't that the point? Are you declaring it when arriving ? if you have a license and they don't have metal detectors then you're good

Great discussion here, lots of input. Super appreciate hearing other POVs on how people go about it. Sounds like the general consensus is that signs don't carry any legal weight, but you'd need to bounce if they ask you to leave -- only they won't cuz they won't know.

And, yes, I did see some of the negative chatter about how the Dickens kid was criticized for not abiding by signs at the mall even though the guy champ'ed up like a HUGE hero and saved lives. What a shame. But I bet he sleeps pretty soundly at night. Zzzz.

Thanks, all.

the first word is Conceal .... sooooo isn't that the point? Are you declaring it when arriving ? if you have a license and they don't have metal detectors then you're good
The ramifications are more severe than just being asked to leave. HB2007 can make you a criminal if caught carrying in certain areas, not just inside buildings. Saying you don't care about what might happen is a little like the "take the guns first, due process later" attitude if you don't think you will be affected. The point is that we are all being attacked. Gun owners turning their backs on other gun owners by not participating in the legislative process hurts all of us.

The ramifications are more severe than just being asked to leave. HB2007 can make you a criminal if caught carrying in certain areas, not just inside buildings. Saying you don't care about what might happen is a little like the "take the guns first, due process later" attitude if you don't think you will be affected. The point is that we are all being attacked. Gun owners turning their backs on other gun owners by not participating in the legislative process hurts all of us.
Blah. Blah. Blah.

You gotta get caught carrying first.

You're vocal about not giving two chits about laws that supposedly don't affect you. I'm actively involved in citizen involvement in lawmaking and you seem to be laughing at anyone taking action.
Not sure where you came to the conclusion that I'm laughing at people who are taking action….. if that was the case I'd be laughing at myself as well, due to the fact that I have donated to organizations fighting the legislation including 114 (except for your beloved OFF).

You're right. I don't care about arbitrary laws. It's my life. I will carry where ever I want. I am my own first response. Sorry I'm not just going to sit on my hands and wait for some pathetic law to get overturned or neuter myself before something even passes. I'm not for civil war and there are certain laws that I won't break….. with that being said active defiance is a plus in my book. And if you're carrying correctly you will never get pointed out. And if I am forced to use my firearm in a place I "wasn't" supposed to have it I'll cross that bridge when it arrives. At least I have the possibility of saving my life and the lives of the ones I love.

I don't care about signs. Perimeters. Or OFF. I dont set up tables at gun shows (where LGS rip off the 2A community that you are so righteous about). If those lump me in some category for you then by all means knock yourself out.

Judge away. I could give a sh!t.

And I made it to another ignore list. Weeding out the weak minded/fragile one post at a time.

Great discussion here, lots of input. Super appreciate hearing other POVs on how people go about it. Sounds like the general consensus is that signs don't carry any legal weight, but you'd need to bounce if they ask you to leave -- only they won't cuz they won't know.

And, yes, I did see some of the negative chatter about how the Dickens kid was criticized for not abiding by signs at the mall even though the guy champ'ed up like a HUGE hero and saved lives. What a shame. But I bet he sleeps pretty soundly at night.

Thanks, all.
"Thanks, all" sounds like you might be thinking this conversation has ended.

But, nooooooo!

We're going to think about it, talk about it, chew on it, sleep on it, crap on it, argue about it, and finally forget about it....for about ten years.

Then we'll resurrect it and start over!

:s0143::s0143::s0143:

:s0048::s0048::s0048::s0048:

:s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057:

:s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148:

My two cents: Carry if you want to. It's your God-given right to protect yourself and your family.

But it would be good to know which public venues have metal detectors, so they can be avoided.

:s0013::s0013::s0013:

P.S. I'm learning to use emojis. In case you didn't notice.

And I made it to another ignore list. Weeding out the weak minded/fragile one post at a time.
I wouldn't worry about it. Posts #28, 30, 32 aren't visible to me so he's on my ignore list whoever it is. It's not easy to get on there. There has to be a very good reason for that person to be on there.

I wouldn't worry about it. Posts #28, 30, 32 aren't visible to me so he's on my ignore list whoever it is. It's not easy to get on there. There has to be a very good reason for that person to be on there.
Not worried. My ignore list is empty. But I'm on plenty of others. Ha

"Thanks, all" sounds like you might be thinking this conversation has ended.

But, nooooooo!

We're going to think about it, talk about it, chew on it, sleep on it, crap on it, argue about it, and finally forget about it....for about ten years.

Then we'll resurrect it and start over!

:s0143::s0143::s0143:

:s0048::s0048::s0048::s0048:

:s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057::s0057:

:s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148::s0148:

My two cents: Carry if you want to. It's your God-given right to protect yourself and your family.

But it would be good to know which public venues have metal detectors, so they can be avoided.

:s0013::s0013::s0013:

P.S. I'm learning to use emojis. In case you didn't notice.
Haha, good stuff; I think you're right.

I wasn't trying to start any political debate or argue with likeminded friends about whether you should carry or not regardless of signs and such. More my thought was that it'd just be great to know which local venues do or don't have signs, and who is or is not actively checking with metal detectors and such so that everyone on the forum can make their own informed decisions. I'd love to avoid a scene somewhere.

In any case, my takeaway is that there's not a crowdsourced list and maybe not much interest in that kind of information -- and that's Ok. Plenty of other great topics on here.

Haha, good stuff; I think you're right.

I wasn't trying to start any political debate or argue with likeminded friends about whether you should carry or not regardless of signs and such. More my thought was that it'd just be great to know which local venues do or don't have signs, and who is or is not actively checking with metal detectors and such so that everyone on the forum can make their own informed decisions. I'd love to avoid a scene somewhere.

In any case, my takeaway is that there's not a crowdsourced list and maybe not much interest in that kind of information -- and that's Ok. Plenty of other great topics on here.
I'm definitely interested in knowing which businesses have metal detectors or are wanding people.

As far as I know, OMSI doesn't have a metal detector, and doesn't wand/screen visitors. Of course, that could change.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top