JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone.
I live in Eugene OR and I applied for a chl about 6 weeks ago and last week I received a letter from the lane county sheriff saying that he denied my application because I was placed on a police hold 3 years ago. The reason for that was that my wife and I got in a verbal argument and I had been drinking earlier that day. I left the house so could cool off. She then notice that the gun safe was open and the hand gun was gone, and thought I had taken It with me so, she called the police. The police caught up with me a couple blocks away and took me back to the house(I was walking). My wife had already explained everything to them and all they wanted to know is where the gun was. I had cleaned the gun that morning and left it in the case on top of the fridge. Since I had been drinking and there were guns in the house they took me to the hospital to sober up. They also took my hand gun but I was able to get it back 30 days later. The sheriff believes that because of this incident I'm a danger to my self and others. Should I lawyer up and fight this? What do you guys think/recommend?

Thanks

Hello everyone.
I live in Eugene OR and I applied for a chl about 6 weeks ago and last week I received a letter from the lane county sheriff saying that he denied my application because I was placed on a police hold 3 years ago. The reason for that was that my wife and I got in a verbal argument and I had been drinking earlier that day. I left the house so could cool off. She then notice that the gun safe was open and the hand gun was gone, and thought I had taken It with me so, she called the police. The police caught up with me a couple blocks away and took me back to the house(I was walking). My wife had already explained everything to them and all they wanted to know is where the gun was. I had cleaned the gun that morning and left it in the case on top of the fridge. Since I had been drinking and there were guns in the house they took me to the hospital to sober up. They also took my hand gun but I was able to get it back 30 days later. The sheriff believes that because of this incident I'm a danger to my self and others. Should I lawyer up and fight this? What do you guys think/recommend?

Thanks

Do you want to have a CC License? Do you think you should have a license? Do you think you can be responsible enough to carry a gun? If the answer to these is yes, then I have to wonder why ask.

Hello everyone.

Thanks

If you have no other record and you did not slap or otherwise place your hands on your wife, I would have a sit down with the Sheriff and talk it out. They are usually very understanding and a man up face to face on your part may help.

If you have been convicted of domestic violence or have been arrested you need a lawyer that can have your record expunged. It can be done, but you have to have been a good guy for quite some time, before they will consider it.
Silver Hand

Last Edited:
If you have no other record and you did not slap or otherwise place your hands on your wife, I would have a sit down with the Sheriff and talk it out. The are usually very understanding and a man up face to face on your part may help.

If you have been convicted of domestic violence or have been arrested you need a lawyer that can have your record expunged. It can be done, but you have to have been a good guy for quite some time, before they will consider it.
Silver Hand
Last I heard that has long been a non starter. The BATF had, may still have a program to allow someone to get their gun rights back but, last I heard they long ago just stopped funding it. So even though you can get a state to expunge the conviction the Feds still will deny anything gun when they are asked.

Last I heard that has long been a non starter. The BATF had, may still have a program to allow someone to get their gun rights back but, last I heard they long ago just stopped funding it. So even though you can get a state to expunge the conviction the Feds still will deny anything gun when they are asked.
No charges were ever filed. I recently bought a gun with no problems at all.

If you have no other record and you did not slap or otherwise place your hands on your wife, I would have a sit down with the Sheriff and talk it out. The are usually very understanding and a man up face to face on your part may help.

Silver Hand
It didn't get physical at all. No chargers were filed. All I have is the record of the incident.

I was looking into getting the arrest expunged and it looks like I'm eligible to do it since it's been more than a year. It doesn't seem to be too hard to do it either.

Not true. If the state gives them back,your good.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews