JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took mine at beavercreek armory and it was live fire. Clackamas county sheriff's shooting range offers and I believe it's live fire. Google search and I'm sure you will find others.

Technically speaking, you do not need to have live fire for the Oregon CHL. If you already have good skills/frequent practice, you can take an online Oregon CHL class and that will satisfy the requirements as well.

Actually @Ops already posted that link to the online training: Home

I second Threat Dynamics in Sherwood.
Even if you know everything going into such a basic level class - you will come away learning something new.
The guys are professional and a class act.

If you're new to firearms, and a lousy shot, and would like to get better, the beginner course at the Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center
Public Safety Training Center | Clackamas County is worthwhile. And after you finish the course you will get the certificate to apply for your CCL.

Wifey did the class when she was new to firearms. She already had her CCL from another class but needed some help refining her gun handling skills.

If you have been handling guns for a while and can shoot decent already then never mind on the beginner class.:D They have other classes too that might interest you.

Thank you all for your input. I have been shooting for a while now, I'm comfortable handling guns, and responsible. I would just like to take a class to be able to get my CHL, while also taking home some more knowledge.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top