JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seriously, besides new calibers or new alloy versions of the same thing we've been given for the last 40 years what real changes or attempts at improvement have come in the revolver world? And don't give me the "revolvers are already perfect" line because that is how product lines become extinct. I would think that anything that breathes some new life or interest into revolver world would be considered a good thing.
Poly Frames with the LCR and new Bodyguard? Not really a big deal. The low bore line of this revolver is a great idea but... it's a Chiappa.

The 1911 is 100 years old and it hasn't been changed THAT MUCH, has it? And it's one of the hottest selling, most popular, most recognized firearms.

Poly Frames with the LCR and new Bodyguard? Not really a big deal. The low bore line of this revolver is a great idea but... it's a Chiappa.

The 1911 is 100 years old and it hasn't been changed THAT MUCH, has it? And it's one of the hottest selling, most popular, most recognized firearms.

LCR and Bodyguard are good examples of innovation in revovlers. 1911 is a model, not a type. Semi-autos are constantly coming out with new designs and ideas.

I am just saying that things like the Rhino get people thinking. Maybe it isn't a great gun, but it sparks an idea with some talented gunsmith out there who comes up with the next great gun. It is just nice to see that some real R&D is still being spent on the revolver. Sometimes it feels like it has peaked and nobody is trying to push it to the next level.

Are the internals of the Rhino really that more complex than a standard revolver. Any good revolver has several moving parts under the sideplate...especially if they have a firing pin safety. The Rhino does not appear to have many more than usual. They just look exaggerated and oddly shaped.

Earlier posts inquired about the finish. Stainless or Plated? It is a brushed hard chrome on the same Aluminum alloy as the black gun. I watched a you tube video review from a guy who had the black snub nose. He liked it. He bought the 'stainless' in a longer barrel, and the mechanism broke within 8 hours of recieving the piece. The double action did not work, only single action.

He called Chiappa customer service, and he will have to pay to ship it to them for what is obviously their problem. That is BS.

I think I am going to have to wait a while for them to work out the bugs (if they do) before I buy one.

Has anyone here purchased yet?

Seriously, besides new calibers or new alloy versions of the same thing we've been given for the last 40 years what real changes or attempts at improvement have come in the revolver world? And don't give me the "revolvers are already perfect" line because that is how product lines become extinct. I would think that anything that breathes some new life or interest into revolver world would be considered a good thing.

Well I hate to break it, but this gun is not an original concept, they use concepts from the Mateba Autorevolver and create a SA/DA design instead of autoloading.

Seems par for the course for Chiappa products. Surprisingly functional despite fit and finish being crappier than most could even imagine.

I collect slightly unusual firearms. The Rhino 40 fills the bill. I was so lucky to have my local gun dealer on the Columbia River, find one and one only, at his distributer. I picked up up today and got it home for a close inspection.
Gee, the cylinder section is dirty. A blast residue is around each and every cylinder hole. This gun has be used!
So I pulled the hammer spur back for single action and guess what, it won't go. The gun is broken and used. DA has a very hard pull.
I have a long relationship with the dealer, so we will talk tomorrow. Looks like the distributor had a return and it got placed in the available line.
This hammer fault has be reported before.
No more Rhino for me. Hard feelings all around. The Rhino line should be kept in the zoo and behind the bars for viewing, not owning.
Cheers, Roy

An AK looks like it was assembled by a chimpanzie but I sure wouldn't want to stand in front of one either. In fact alsmot anyone can make an AK and they may look ugly but they still go bang and sometimes hit what they're aming at too.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top