Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Checkering needed

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by KKG, Jul 9, 2012.

1. KKG

KKG Western Washington Member

I'm looking for someone who does checking and does it very well. I'm looking at having a Ruger 10/22 with the Full Length Stock(a Laminated one) done. I would be willing to ship it a reasonable distance from the South King County Area. Mike

2. KKG

Well, the counter says 32 people have looked at my Post and I surprised that none of them managed to come up with a name for me. Mike

3. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

Be patient and continue your research in other places as well. Not everyone here knows everything you know....

4. K-22

K-22 Vancouver WA Active Member

Google Sherry Abraham. She is in Oregon, and she was the head checkerer for Kimber of Oregon.

Best,
    Gary

5. KKG

Thanks for the info. I think I have heard of her before but couldn't find a correct spelling of her name. Mike

6. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

Someone closer that does great stock work, especially checkering, is

Cloward's Gun Shop (425) 334-3006

He's located in Lake Stevens which might be a lot closer to you. He's "semi-retired" and his work is known world-wide so he may be busy. Give him a call. IF he does do the work for you it too will be "world class".

7. KKG

Thanks! I didn't realize Jim was still working. I will have to talk to him. Mike

8. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

Last I saw him was about a year ago. Still working but also still cranky:cool: Has a nice shop behind his house on the East side of Lake Stevens. Has about a 50' commute to work.

9. KKG

He also has a Very nice Range within about five(5) miles of him. That's where we met. I lived on the S end of the Lake for ten(10) years but then his "Shop" was in Seattle. Now I. Live near the S end of Lake Meridian! Mike

10. KKG

I'd like to generally Thank everybody for their comments in reply to my Posting. I don't seem to get nearly enough time on this Forum but I have always gotten great service from the members here. Mike