JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm mostly running my G3 G20 with Lonewolf after market barrels. I got them because the better supported and tighter chambers were supposed to be lighter on the brass for reloading.

The chambers are tighter for sure. Just rattling a cartridge around in unmounted barrel confirms that.

I'm not so sure about the chamber support though. GlockOemLW4.6LW6.0.jpg
GlockOemLW4.6LW6.0-2.jpg
They look pretty darn close to OEM to me. (OEM to the left). Of course on the photo with the OEM being black it's hard to tell...

And indeed, some times I have problems chambering my reloads in the aftermarker barrels. I'm assuming those were previous hotter loads with some bulging.

Anyone with similar or different experience, from LW or other aftermarkets, Barsto, KKM.

Cheers!

i thought the chamber support issue was with early 40 s&w glocks. by gen 3 you had a pentagon proof mark for an updated chamber. if you had a dot in the middle of that pentagon then your barrel was made out of tougher metal also.

I've got a Gen 4, and factory case support vs. my LW is pretty similar. Certainly LW chamber is quite a bit tighter.

If 1X brass is chambering, but not going fully into battery, you might need to de-bulge.

I bought a Lone Wolf Barrel for my G29 and the Warden's G17, I have never used my Lone Wolf Barrel but the Warden swears by hers and uses it all the time. I think Glock did okay with the 10MM barrels, the extra slop assures acceptance of most "Factory" ammunition and everything was engineered for the 10MM so there is no safety issue. (They learned a lesson from the 40 S&W troubles) I think the Glock 10 MMs, 20, 29, and 40 are the best Glocks made. I could be talked into buying a G20 or G40.

I intend to use my Lone Wolf Barrel sometime, I do think it's better for me (that's why I got it) but I don't reload currently

Interesting - I don't really have much experience with anything but Glocks. I seem to remember some high performance ammo manufacturers recommending not using "unsupported" barrels like the Colt Delta Elite. And Koda's photo here does indeed make the barrel support look way less than on Glocks. But I was just browsing the Underwood site and they were posting velocities for their different rounds. Delta Elite 5" was one of the posted configurations - go figure. I'm not any wiser but hopefully still learning.

Interesting - I don't really have much experience with anything but Glocks. I seem to remember some high performance ammo manufacturers recommending not using "unsupported" barrels like the Colt Delta Elite. And Koda's photo here does indeed make the barrel support look way less than on Glocks. But I was just browsing the Underwood site and they were posting velocities for their different rounds. Delta Elite 5" was one of the posted configurations - go figure. I'm not any wiser but hopefully still learning.
This chamber support issue has always been a mystery to me. If you Google it, there are plenty of topics on the Glocks (stock barrels) causing bulging or other issues from lack of case support. I dont shoot mine a whole lot, but never had a problem with full pressure Buffalobore or Doubletapp ammo, yet Underwood Ammo says you cant shoot theirs in the Delta but any Glock is fine yet the prior companies are equally and slightly more power in some loads.

Underwood does make a 10 MM just for the Delta Elite (or other unsupported barrels I would guess) it is a 180 Grain Nosler JHP going out around 1240 FPS, which is less than their other 180 Grain rounds

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top