JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CQB Carbine, tactical Carbine, and carbine to sidearm transition would be awesome! Maybe combine them together in a two day to maximise skill retention! :)
I would also be down for some long range rifle work, especially iron sight, unknown distance out to 800 meters, and longer for scoped, think D.M.R. Type work!

My S.A.T class will cover CQB, weapon transitions, multiple platform positions, barricades, movement and group movement. This is the setting the caboose on fire class.

A combo live fire/combat medic class is being worked on as we speak, I want to make sure its thorough.

Good ideas, keep 'em coming.

Let's define this. TCCC certification should be part of the class you mentioned above. That opens up students who are being funded by local agencies and can show some type of certification at the conclusion of the class. What about a combo class with the Dark Angel Medical instructors using actual IFAKs? Companies like theirs travel the country in search of facilities like yours to utilize to teach their course.

Just sayin'.

Perhaps a "legal 101", answer those pesky questions, can I carry in a bar? WTF do I do now that I've made this dead guy? etc. geared toward the CCW holder POV.

State approved CCW class.

I did teach a "Deadly Force Review" and "Officer Involved Shooting" for LE folks, and have been toying with a civilian version of both, while having an attorney on board to answer such questions. I will start teaching the Utah CCW stuff later this fall as well...this is very doable, as I did a short presentation during the NW AK Meet and Greet a couple months ago. Noted

I'm glad to see this taking shape and having Ted come on board is going to a great asset.

Other class ideas I've been rolling around in my head:

How a bout a dedicated revolver class? I know a lot of people still pack wheel guns but I doubt many really know how to run them.

How about a dedicated BUG or mouse gun class? I know, I know, we have the same opinion here, but again, a lot people are packing these type of weapons.

As you know, there's a "Legal Concealed Carry" class coming next year. Complete with using concealed gear only, and an attorney on board to work with the students on not only the legal aspects of carrying, but the legal aspects of training.

A wheel gun course....yes, and has been placed on the schedule for next year as well.

Mouse guns...where do I start. From my personal research involving the performance of bullets in actual shootings, and that of a more educated person on the subject, that being Dr Gary Roberts...I heavily discourage the carrying of such firearms of 380 cal and smaller.
I know, countless people have used them with success, including the 22 rimfire.
Two things...1 Shot placement will always be paramount, but it's even more so with the smaller and underpowered calibers. 2 The bullet performance of such calibers is so erratic at best, I wouldn't trust my life with them. Yes, I wouldn't want to be shot with one...but that's not the point. Knowing they are subpar at best should give most reason to stop and rethink.

Sooooo, if there's enough intetest...I will present a class on such specimens.

As you know, there's a "Legal Concealed Carry" class coming next year. Complete with using concealed gear only, and an attorney on board to work with the students on not only the legal aspects of carrying, but the legal aspects of training.

Put me on the will attend list of this one...!!!

Mouse guns...where do I start. From my personal research involving the performance of bullets in actual shootings, and that of a more educated person on the subject, that being Dr Gary Roberts...I heavily discourage the carrying of such firearms of 380 cal and smaller.
I know, countless people have used them with success, including the 22 rimfire.
Two things...1 Shot placement will always be paramount, but it's even more so with the smaller and underpowered calibers. 2 The bullet performance of such calibers is so erratic at best, I wouldn't trust my life with them. Yes, I wouldn't want to be shot with one...but that's not the point. Knowing they are subpar at best should give most reason to stop and rethink.

My thoughts would be it should open a lot of eyes, that may be as great of a service as the training itself. As you well-know these weapons are not only under-powered they are difficult operate with a high degree of competence.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top