JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cerakote is neat stuff. Fantastic abrasion resistance among other properties. I don't have any firearms with it but recently picked up a very cool cerakoted flashlight body which you might find of interest.

I like orange. Sorry if too far off topic.

Cerakote is neat stuff. Fantastic abrasion resistance among other properties. I don't have any firearms with it but recently picked up a very cool cerakoted flashlight body which you might find of interest.

I like orange. Sorry if too far off topic.

I am having a Winchester 1300 done in Olive Drab right now, cant wait to see it. Orange is my favorite color also as you can see from my avatar :D But I thought the shotgun might look a little funny orange.

looks interesting...so is it 1 finish? or 2 finish jobs in one? (one for normal refinishing one for ir camo)
i guess I wouldn't mind having one of my rifles done in multicam or digital for daytime and cerakote stealth for night...although if it costs a lot...mmmm iunno.

Got my Winchester 1300 back and got a new stock set for Christmas....

1300win2.jpg

1300win.jpg

Is this a two part or one part chemical/epoxy? I have used moly coating for several years and have wanted to start playing with Cerakote and maybe a little Durakoting as well. What is the curing process of Cerakote?

Cerakote H Series, two part 24:1 cure at 300f. Synthetics are cured at 225f.
Cerakote C Series, Ambient cure. Withstands 1200 degree heat.
CeraKote is a ceramic based material. This means once the carrier (the liquid it is suspended in, in order to be able to spray it), has been baked out or cured out. you are left with a ceramic coating on your firearm.
The cost for the material runs about $10.00 per ounce.

My guess is that DurCoat is a two part polyester urethane, or a two part alaphatic resin.
I'd like to see a MSDS sheet on it but was not able to find one on the Internet.
Got a link?:D

This is Norrell's Moly. Brownell's is very similar I would guess.

<broken link removed>

It's pretty easy to work with one part material that wears pretty dam good from my use so far. I want to start working with other coatings so I can have a bit more color selection to work with. I figure Cerakote would be the best choice for coating high temp suppressors. I like the idea of working with DuraKote, but I am of the understanding that it won't hold up as well as Moly, but is better than Krylon.

However for the most part I have been very happy with the Moly. Norrel's tan colors do take a lot more to cover though than the black or OD green.

My first Moly coating job. Brownell's OD and Black shown. Norrell's OD is much more OD that the Brownell's.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews