JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That coating looks outstanding! Super pro! Please keep the thread going with new photos and text as you move ahead with new projects!
Again, great job! SRG :)

I've looked into anodizing as well, but I'll tell ya I've tested a old buffer tube that I cerakoted and it literally took a old framing hammer with the diamond head on it to even effect the finish. I've soaked it in acetone, diesel , aircraft 100ll fuel , oven off cleaner, even lye ( which is what you take off anodizing with ) nothing phased the cerakote. The only thing that was noticeable was the oven cleaner, turned it a tad bit cloudy.

I was thinking your application was on the raw. I'm just beginning the looking into getting my anodized set done. I've a hard time justifying the application of any coating will adhere well without etching. Then, is it similar to say, scotchbriting (<word) paint where the "tooth" diminishes if said topcoat is not applied in reasonable time? As I said, my looking into the process has recently, just begun. I like to know exactly how the process works. Type 3 HC anodize is hard to beat for durability/longevity. Also, my compressor in my shop is compared to non-potable drinking water to paint application.

Ya it's tough stuff, don't think they carry that series anymore. It's Elite , H series, and Gen II Nir are their only Oven cure products. And then their high temp air cure system. All great products.

If you're getting the results you mention, that's durable.
I've heard the HC3 is tough to remove without disfiguring.

I also use aluminum oxide but 120 grit at 40 to 60m psi. good point on the water seperators a lot of people don't do that, My shop isn't heated at this time so I only coat during the warmer times. that way material, coatings and air are roughly same ambient temps. makes a big difference.

As promised ;)
That coating looks outstanding! Super pro! Please keep the thread going with new photos and text as you move ahead with new projects!
Again, great job! SRG :)
IMG_4621.JPG
IMG_4618.JPG
For visual aspect only. Upper is on there for reference only.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads