JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a weirdo and like black :D.
I'm building an ar10 in fde and a ar pistol a combo of black and fde.

I like the color combo of black and red (theres someone on here with a really nice one, black with red parts) but i can't get myself to do it....yet. Maybe the next one after my current projects. 4 sounds like a better number than 3

Sounds like @Mygrainman

My .22 is coyote brown and i love it so my original thought was to go with that and i still might theres just so many other awesome colors to choose from haha

Here is my favorite combo - MagPul Foliage Green and MagPul FDE. It makes a pseudo camo that blends in well in both eastern and western sides and stays coolish in the sun.

50853-4813c0f3c16f8263e1b67b9d29b10e8c.jpg
50857-1d6d9724b46c1dd4e20b0b153800623c.jpg

Might be weird but to me s heavily painted gun just screams to me that it is hiding a lot of wesr. A gun in original condition is worth more than someone's art project. Maybe I'm crazy..

Might be weird but to me s heavily painted gun just screams to me that it is hiding a lot of wesr. A gun in original condition is worth more than someone's art project. Maybe I'm crazy..

If I was buying and there was a good chance I'd sell later I'd keep it black.
So nice you did it twice!

Two is one and one is none :)

Note how the black optic stands out and seems to scream "Hey! Over here! Look at MEEEEE!"

Here is my favorite combo - MagPul Foliage Green and MagPul FDE. It makes a pseudo camo that blends in well in both eastern and western sides and stays coolish in the sun.

View attachment 449357
View attachment 449358
Thanks for the pictures it helps me visualize what color combos look good and what not. My original thought was just one color on matte black but a
2-tone like what you did makes a beautiful gun as well. I need to starr looking at a few different color combos

Many folks actually pay to make a brand new one look beat up...
They call it "battle worn"... (see post #8 my brand new build with battle worn titanium cerakote)
Cerakote and other bake on coatings are for more than just aesthetics... they add wear resistance, and some add lubricity as well.

Ive found olive drab green but no brown, ill keep searching

Probably would be a custom mix. If you call Hareline Dubbin in monroe, maybe they could give a color code that one could use to reasonably recreate it.

Olive brown can be found as a color choice on marabou feathers and some dubbing products (fly and jig tying materials) from Hareline.

If I had to describe it, I would say its a medium earthy brown with a slight olive / yellow mix. Perfect color for mimicing sculpin in certain streams. Also blends very well in most outdoor environments due to the earthy tone.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top