JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just started carrying about 2 months ago and one of the most challenging things for me is using public restrooms. I avoid urinals because of my gun so going #1 is not a problem (unless stalls are taken).

So my question is, how do you guys take a crap? :D Do you leave the gun holstered? My concern with this is someone seeing the gun from the next stall or people checking to see if your stall is occupied and then freaking out. I don't want security knocking on my stall while I'm taking a dump.

I don't want to set my gun on the floor, toilet paper dispenser, or toilet because they're filthy. So I'm left with holding my gun in my non-wipe hand and that just feels awkward. Wiping your *** with one hand and having a gun in the other.

Are there other options I'm not considering? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
This comes up all over, from time to time. Here's my recent answer from another forum...
Generally, if I can, I use a stall, even for urinating, just for that extra peace of mind. If not, I use a urinal against the far wall, etc. I will wash my hands, mess with hair or whatever I need to do, so as to minimize risk while using a urinal. If the place is crowded, I will find another restroom. I try to do #2 when home, but sometimes the body doesn't agree, right? So, sit on the john, and remove the entire holster, either holding it in my lap or putting it in the crotch of my pants, and trying to arrange the pants to partially cover it.

This comes up all over, from time to time. Here's my recent answer from another forum...
Generally, if I can, I use a stall, even for urinating, just for that extra peace of mind. If not, I use a urinal against the far wall, etc. I will wash my hands, mess with hair or whatever I need to do, so as to minimize risk while using a urinal. If the place is crowded, I will find another restroom. I try to do #2 when home, but sometimes the body doesn't agree, right? So, sit on the john, and remove the entire holster, either holding it in my lap or putting it in the crotch of my pants, and trying to arrange the pants to partially cover it.
Similar for me, when I am not pocket carrying. So far it has worked for may years.

I just started carrying about 2 months ago and one of the most challenging things for me is using public restrooms. I avoid urinals because of my gun so going #1 is not a problem (unless stalls are taken).

So my question is, how do you guys take a crap? :D Do you leave the gun holstered? My concern with this is someone seeing the gun from the next stall or people checking to see if your stall is occupied and then freaking out. I don't want security knocking on my stall while I'm taking a dump.

I don't want to set my gun on the floor, toilet paper dispenser, or toilet because they're filthy. So I'm left with holding my gun in my non-wipe hand and that just feels awkward. Wiping your *** with one hand and having a gun in the other.

Are there other options I'm not considering? :huh:

You took the word out of my mouth. That sounds so akward. At least if the door flew open, you would be more prepared than ever. TP+a gun in both hands. OMG that is a funny post. What a question.:s0114::s0114::s0114:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was worried about it I think I'd go for the handicap stall. There is usually a lot more distance from the stall walls in those so it's unlikely someone will see your holster and gun unless they are sticking their head under the wall. :D

I remove the holster and gun and placed them both inside my pants. I bring down the pants with the gun and holster held inside. Typically, it sits barrel vertical in one pant leg on the ground with the pants around it. The pile of pants is normally enough to keep anyone from seeing it.

I dont avoid urinals. I use the "zipper only" method, not the "open the pants and belt" method. It works fine...

HTH

I suggest pulling your pants down just to your knees and keeping your legs apart so the pants are taut and won't fall down. Out of view and no need to mess with it while you do your mess.

I just storm into the restroom, wave my roscoe around and yell "I'm packin' a stainless steel rod. What about you?" :gun12:

Clears it out every time and I can take my sabbatical in peace. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads