Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CC + #2 in public restroom

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by EUGENE the REALTOR, Dec 3, 2009.

1. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I just started carrying about 2 months ago and one of the most challenging things for me is using public restrooms. I avoid urinals because of my gun so going #1 is not a problem (unless stalls are taken).

So my question is, how do you guys take a crap? :D Do you leave the gun holstered? My concern with this is someone seeing the gun from the next stall or people checking to see if your stall is occupied and then freaking out. I don't want security knocking on my stall while I'm taking a dump.

I don't want to set my gun on the floor, toilet paper dispenser, or toilet because they're filthy. So I'm left with holding my gun in my non-wipe hand and that just feels awkward. Wiping your *** with one hand and having a gun in the other.

Are there other options I'm not considering? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
  2. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

sholder holster??

3. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

My holster holds my gun up just fine around my ankles. :)

Their own fault if they see it and get scared.

4. Fjolnirsson

Fjolnirsson Western Oregon Member

This comes up all over, from time to time. Here's my recent answer from another forum...

5. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

Similar for me, when I am not pocket carrying. So far it has worked for may years.

6. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

You took the word out of my mouth. That sounds so akward. At least if the door flew open, you would be more prepared than ever. TP+a gun in both hands. OMG that is a funny post. What a question.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
  7. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Since I'm carring a 642, I can easily switch to pocket carry for the duration of my 'event'.

8. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

I always wear button-up dress shirts, so I transfer from my holster to my breast pocket when using the public restrooms

9. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

Ya but what if your packing the fullsize 1911?

10. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

I just go at home.....no worries that way.:)

11. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Well If there lookin in my stall then they are pervs. and if they see it maybe they will get the idea that trying to see me crappin isnt such a good idea:)

12. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

If I was worried about it I think I'd go for the handicap stall. There is usually a lot more distance from the stall walls in those so it's unlikely someone will see your holster and gun unless they are sticking their head under the wall. :D

13. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I remove the holster and gun and placed them both inside my pants. I bring down the pants with the gun and holster held inside. Typically, it sits barrel vertical in one pant leg on the ground with the pants around it. The pile of pants is normally enough to keep anyone from seeing it.

I dont avoid urinals. I use the "zipper only" method, not the "open the pants and belt" method. It works fine...

HTH

14. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

I suggest pulling your pants down just to your knees and keeping your legs apart so the pants are taut and won't fall down. Out of view and no need to mess with it while you do your mess.

15. SlickJoeSD

SlickJoeSD Astoria, OR Member

wear your pants backwards and use the zipper hole :D :laugh: shazam no need to drop trouzer

16. I have used the < under the armpit hold> with success before, now I pocket carry

17. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I just storm into the restroom, wave my roscoe around and yell "I'm packin' a stainless steel rod. What about you?" :gun12:

Clears it out every time and I can take my sabbatical in peace. :laugh:

18. theLEMband

theLEMband Southeast WA Member

"So I'm left with holding my gun in my non-wipe hand and that just feels awkward."

Don't mix up your hands...

sent from mobile

19. Monkeyman

Monkeyman Portland, OR Member

Depends?

20. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I carry one. Unholster and place it in your pants around your ankles. Trust me nobody is trying to look at you under the stall to see if you are packing.