JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to avoid hydraulic dents at the base of the case neck when resizing rifle cases...

I've heard it said many times, that a home-made lanolin and rubbing alcohol mixture will suffice.

I cannot find a form of lanolin in the stores; or a ratio.

Can anyone share a product form, brand, or label I should be looking for, and a ratio?

Thanks.

I couldn't find any alcohol above 79% locally then found out that HEET is 99.9%.
Mix it warm & shake the everlovin snot out of it each time you use it. I stand the cases up right in a margarine tub tilted 45° then spray into the case mouths. I then use a fluffy towel, spray it down till moist but not wet wet then roll the cases on it like an RCBS pad.
Works like a champ if you use sparingly.;)

I'm trying to avoid hydraulic dents at the base of the case neck when resizing rifle cases...

I've heard it said many times, that a home-made lanolin and rubbing alcohol mixture will suffice.

I cannot find a form of lanolin in the stores; or a ratio.

Can anyone share a product form, brand, or label I should be looking for, and a ratio?

Thanks.
You can still get the dents using the Lanolin mix if you spray it on. Very sparing application of it is best. Then you run into a problem with the large magnum cases, not having enough lube. Back when I used it, I started to wetting a rag with it, then wiping the necks and shoulders. Then changed my routine altogether....

You can still get the dents using the Lanolin mix if you spray it on. Very sparing application of it is best. Then you run into a problem with the large magnum cases, not having enough lube. Back when I used it, I started to wetting a rag with it, then wiping the necks and shoulders. Then changed my routine altogether....

Thanks!

My master plan for magnum cases is to only use the Neck-size and Decapping-combo Die, once the brass has been fire-formed to my chamber(s).

I do not yet know if lube is required for neck sizing and decapping..9 years into hand loading, and still lots to learn.

:D

Thanks!

My master plan for magnum cases is to only use the Neck-size and Decapping-combo Die, once the brass has been fire-formed to my chamber(s).
I do not yet know if lube is required for neck sizing and decapping..9 years into hand loading, and still lots to learn.
:D
Sure is. You'll really feel it when it's not. Just as in the rest, use sparingly.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews