JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's the qty and how often will you need them annealed?

They're kind of spendy, but will provide a perfect anneal every time if have the coin, I'd look into the AMP annealer.

I only want approx 100 hard to obtain cases done once a year, not worth buying my own machine. Would like to find someone who offers this service.

Or do it yourself for next to nothing?

Get a lazy susan turntable. Get a pot/pan that if you filled would completely submerse the shell.

Set the shells in the pot and fill with water to just below the neck area that you want to anneal. Maybe only 1/2 up the shell? Maybe 3/4 up the shell?

Get a torch. Slowly heat the shells as you turn the pot/pan to evenly heat the ends of the shells.

Once they start to turn color, use the tip of the torch to knock them over into the water to cool them.

:)

Was trying to look up a pilot for your specific cartridge for the AMP annealer but didn't see it listed. Not sure if they've ever had anyone request for that particular cartridge. I'd have to imagine another pilot would work.

I only want approx 100 hard to obtain cases done once a year, not worth buying my own machine. Would like to find someone who offers this service.
My God ! But I guess you're serious. It is so easy...a dimocrat could do it. I do thousands, and I mean thousands, by hand, every year for squeak shooting. I would do 100 for you for $10 if you could hand them to me, and you could watch me do them. Get a propane bottle and torch, a variable speed drill ( cordless or not), an old fl sizing die (screw out stem - put in chuck), bowl of water. Set up torch with flame about 1 inch, die stem and die chucked in drill, drop in case ( the bottom 1/2 of which should be protected from flame by the die- you don't want to soften the base part of your brass), put point of flame at neck/shoulder of case, rotate while counting ( one thousand one, one thousand two) until you see the case right below the flame turn color to a light blue ( if you've ever seen a factory annealed case, you know the color), at that point your case neck will just start to turn cherry red - don't let it do this - immediately drop it into the water bowl set up below. On my 221fb and 20vt the time is about ten seconds, depending on the make of brass. .17 and .22 hornet is about seven to nine seconds. You have to figure that out yourself. A friend just got an Annealeez, and asked me to set it up for him. After the third jam, I put it back in the box. I can do it faster, and more consistent by hand. To each his own. Hope I didn't insult you.

Was trying to look up a pilot for your specific cartridge for the AMP annealer but didn't see it listed. Not sure if they've ever had anyone request for that particular cartridge. I'd have to imagine another pilot would work.
What does an AMP annealer cost? Must be pretty reasonable...for 100 cases a year. FYI the Annealeez was $275.

Curious, so looked up 8x52R Siamese. "Make from: 45-70 Gov't. Anneal case and run into F/L 40-65WCF and 33WCF dies ( a form set will do the same job). Turn rim to .556 dia. and back chamfer. F/L size in 8x52R die. Case may need inside neck reaming." Sounds simple enough, lots of 45-70 around at gun shows.

Curious, so looked up 8x52R Siamese. "Make from: 45-70 Gov't. Anneal case and run into F/L 40-65WCF and 33WCF dies ( a form set will do the same job). Turn rim to .556 dia. and back chamfer. F/L size in 8x52R die. Case may need inside neck reaming." Sounds simple enough, lots of 45-70 around at gun shows.

If you believe that sounds simple, have at it!!

With a 180 recommended at 2000fps, I wouldn't own one of those antiques in the first place, much less shoot it. But I do have the dies and bushings to form any kind of caliber on a .223 or .308 base.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top