JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I have a 9mm Flobert pinfire shotshell around here..
I have a few blank 9mm's but a 9mm Folbert pin fire shotshell would compliment this display nicely. ;)

11BE0A6F-5993-487B-B3BF-51C4971C59BC.jpeg

Oh… are we helping here?…. I can send you something.
.50 Beowulf ?
22-250 ?
My father in law has a bunch of stuff to load I can look…?

Most examples of large magnum cartridges necked down to .22 or .17 are primarily an exercise in metal turning simply for the entertainment value.

At gun shows I've seen .17 on 404 Jeffery as well as 50 BMG.

The "trick" is that to a point all the metal spinning is fairly conventional until the neck gets a bit thick. The number of operations alternating with annealing can easily number 20 or more. In the end most are fire formed after a final anneal in something of a "thing" chamber. This chamber is nothing more than a polished approximation of the desired shape in a piece of mild steel. The actual firing is minimal pressure to expand the case. In some techniques a projectile isn't even used. The pressure retained by a simple orifice.

A safer but les expedient method would be hydraulic pressure.

Sorry to state the reality of the matter but over bore capacity is well understood and even with recent powders that P.O. Ackley and Bob Hutton didn't have in the 60's any case much larger than a 22-250 is overbore capacity for .17 or .22.

Today's gun steels may be tougher than when the Winchester .264 magnum was introduced, and slower burning powders are available but there is nothing that can stop rapid throat erosion in an overbore capacity chambering.

It is kind of fun to walk by a table at a gun show and see a 50BMG necked to .17. It still gets a smile from me.

I can donate these if you would them helpful. No primers/powder.

- 7mm Mag with Nosler Ballistic Tip
- 7mm Mag with Nosler Partition
- 300 Win Mag with X Bullet

From the mid- 90's so a bit of patina.

7mm 300Mag.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA