JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I am looking for a couple leather cartridge belts. (The kind that goes around a waist, not loaded into a machine-gun.) The purpose is to securely carry .38 Special and .44 Magnum cartridges when packing a lever-action carbine chambered in said. I'm find a bunch of false positives whilst searching. I did find an outfit, both in a book here and on the web, called El Paso Saddlery that makes rigs that might fit the bill, but am not real familiar with the company.

Any recommendations? Thanks much. :)

El Paso Saddlery is one of the oldest and probably best known holster makers.

El Paso Saddlery – Custom Leather Holsters & More

As everything American, there have been grumblings that their quality is not up to what it used to be, but I've not discovered that is the case. My most recent El Paso purchases have been flawless.

Downside is, their products are made to order, and could take a couple months for delivery.

Here's some photos of a holster for a snubby Blackhawk. The leather, the lining, the stitching, the forming, it's all impeccable.

P1000608.jpg

P1000614.jpg

P1000613.jpg

P1000610.jpg

Last Edited:
@WAYNO, thanks for the info. Nice looking holster, indeed. Too bad about the months wait, but that is not the end of the world.

@AndyinEverson, very nice articles indeed. I am not seeing a cartridge belt listed, but there other items are very interesting.

Thank you both. :)

Yeah...I noticed that , when I checked the link.
He does make excellent quality items and I can second El Paso...I have had both cartridge belts and holsters by them...and the quality is top notch.

I'm keep my eyes open for you on the cartridge belt...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads