JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To me,it depends on the crime..
Sexual crimes,proven without a doubt-
Swift execution.No drawn out appeals process.
Involving children?
Next day, administration,long and painful method.And I dont care who does it- Fed Gov,state gov,victim/family ,you name it.
There are NO excusable instances of rape or molestation (excepting some statutory rape type situations )
If you're a kid diddler,you die. Simple.

On the other hand,murder has many variances- murder can be accidental,or occur for any other number of reasons..in a capital murder case proven beyond a reasonable doubt,swift execution,no drawn out appeals.
Getting back to the point, some incorrigible people do not learn from being punished,or learn by seeing the death penalty as a deterrant.These people do not belong in society-either ship em out or weed em out.
I think coddling them,trying to understand them,and putting the burden of supporting them on the shoulders of the rest of us is one of the many major problems in this country right now (and the"civilized" world in general.)

Getting back to the point, some incorrigible people do not learn from being punished,or learn by seeing the death penalty as a deterrant.These people do not belong in society-either ship em out or weed em out.

Well if we're going to practice eugenics, why wait for the undesirables to commit crimes at all? Why not brain & DNA scan them at age 18 and if they look to possess the typical criminal precursors let's just send them to the gas chamber?

All courtesy of the (insert whoever is our "betters" are in this situation) , which as we all know are incapable of human error.

Anything else we should add to the list of things that you'll be executed for? Perhaps not right now but maybe in the future enough people will decide that being of the wrong political alignment or religion is considered grossly undesirable. I trust humanity enough to make those decisions, don't you?

And yes, this post is intended to be antagonistic. Not meaning to give personal offense though. But we're talking about human life after all.

Some good points are being made in this discussion, on all sides of the issues.
Executions to my mind are pretty cold-blooded. Some deserve to be killed, certainly- yet is this the kind of society we really want to live in? I feel we need to follow the better angels of our nature, which to me removes state-sponsored killing of it's citizens from the table.
Obviously many disagree with that sentiment. As my faith in God and my human compassion have grown in my consciousness I can see no way around it.
This has been my belief for as long as I can remember and is apart from self-defense or even (at times), war....

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews