JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
City
PORTLAND
State
Oregon
Looking for one lmk if you have one. I have got cash. Rather try to find one a bit cheaper than a brand new one

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
@Brian R it is likely to late as the show is this week/weekend but the Portland Sportsmans Show is traditionally attended by Davis Tent out of Denver, CO. They have for years run a show special on a 14 x 16 wall tent which is where I picked mine up a couple years ago for less the $1,000 picked up at the show. I would give them a call ASAP to see if they are at the show this year, what their special is and if you can get one on the truck if it is of interest for you.

@Brian R it is likely to late as the show is this week/weekend but the Portland Sportsmans Show is traditionally attended by Davis Tent out of Denver, CO. They have for years run a show special on a 14 x 16 wall tent which is where I picked mine up a couple years ago for less the $1,000 picked up at the show. I would give them a call ASAP to see if they are at the show this year, what their special is and if you can get one on the truck if it is of interest for you.
thank you. This is very helpful

IF you decide to go new, Canvas Cabins out of Garrison, Montana (used to be in Estacada, then Newberg). For 4-5 persons to cook, sleep, scratch their nether regions, etc,, you will want a bigger tent than you might think.

Canvas Cabins has features on their tents others don't: Nylon seat-belt material at all stress points, corners double-reinforced, etc. Marine grade sailcloth is their material. I live in one for a month each year. My first one for 26 years, then only because a buddy bought a duplicate, hardly used it and sold it to me, I sold mine for what I paid for his. Ten years now with the newer tent, still looks and operates like new. For a canvas tent, you need a place at home where you can store it hung up. BAGS KILL THEM. USETHE BAG ONLY FOR TRANSPORT!

If this is a lifetime investment, and it will be your house for a period of time each year, I highly recommend these tents. 50-65mph winds and horizontal sleet. No sweat for my 15x15 tent.

Consider the idea of sleeping quarters separate from the wall tent. (Gumdrop tents, etc.) My wall tent is the "Great House" for our camp. Cooking, Eating, Warming,, drying gear, Gathering, (Movie night!). if an impromptu guest shows up, we put up a cot in the wall tent for them, but most hunters (women especially) quickly realize it's a lot better if you have your own space for sleeping, dressing, etc. without people coming and going. Kids as well like their "little forts" where they can be kids.

1676427759029.jpeg
15 x 15 Wall Tent mfg'd by Canvas Cabins, Garrison, MT. 15 degrees outside, 73 inside. You can hunt in any weather if you have a warm, dry place back at camp.

The tent material (polyester blend) in combination with using a stove would concern me. You are going to have embers from the stove land on your tent. Canvas is usually not effected by those embers especially if it has been treated with a flame retardant. You also aren't going to get the benefit of the canvas breathing which is a real concern when your going to have significant swings of temperature i.e. stove going vs. cooled down when not running a fire.

@bionic knees @Spitpatch @Ura-Ki @ORhutner

I saw a tent at costco for 600$. thoughts?
https://www.costco.com/timber-ridge...person-with-stove-port.product.100696214.html I thought it would be adequate for Oregon winters and falls.
THAT is a pretty swift tent!

In fact, you turned me on to something I've been looking for to use when I hunt by myself. I looked at Kodiak Canvas and they make a nice "Cottage Syle" tent, but I think they are more expensive.

I wonder how their material compares?

Keep in mind, "6 Person" is spread around awfully liberally. Sleeping, Eating, Warming, Gear, etc. take up a lot more space than 6 people in sleeping bags.

THAT is a pretty swift tent!

In fact, you turned me on to something I've been looking for to use when I hunt by myself. I looked at Kodiak Canvas and they make a nice "Cottage Syle" tent, but I think they are more expensive.

I wonder how their material compares?

Keep in mind, "6 Person" is spread around awfully liberally. Sleeping, Eating, Warming, Gear, etc. take up a lot more space than 6 people in sleeping bags.
It looks decent enough, and since it's from costco I can always return no questions asked if it does not perform

So very true. We own the 10X14 Kodiak Flexbow EIGHT MAN tent. It is perfect for me and my son and all of our gear. LOL Our cots are on the large size. We probably could squeeze one more in, but then things would start getting cramped. I suppose if it was only for sleeping and we had a different location for cooking, card playing, etc., there would be room for more. Certainly NOT eight though.

Beckel Canvas in Portland is one of the best their is, their prices are reasonable and their turn around time is quick! You WONT find a better tent anywhere else!

Yes. I wanted some extra straps sewn on my Canvas Cabin tent (after they pulled stakes to Montana), Beckel lady advised to bring the tent in, "Unfolded" (wadded rather than packed in a bag) and "We're real busy, so might be a few weeks." Drove over there (Milwaukie location), presented my tent and the work I wanted, and she asked me if I could leave it for a bit, come back in an hour or so.

I walked down the street, got a burger, walked up the street to the best Archery store in Portland, came back in about 2 hours and my tent was done.

Pretty pleasant afternoon.

I would always advise a canvas tent with the fire coating when running a wood stove. Buy a quality canvas tent and take care of it and it will last a couple lifetimes. I have a 12x12 kwik kamp and it has been great. The beauty of this model is it can be set up easily by one person, all the pole lengths are the same so it makes for an easy set up, the walls are 6' tall and angle out so it is the biggest 12x12 tent you will find. I had it made with a zipper at both ends and it works great as a cook shack butted up to my buddies 14x17 when we have a larger camp. On its own it houses 2-3 comfortably and can do 4 in a pinch. Kwik Kamp is made in Milton Free water OR.

3A8B2D9A-F77B-4BE8-89EF-E1BBE3B3EA35.jpeg 05024EC7-B897-4060-9FB8-CB19D6A33D0B.jpeg 078EEA6E-1A11-4EB7-9CE5-14BD2353229A.jpeg 35173BB7-3633-420A-AAA9-2E228EE905DF.jpeg

Our tent has a vestibule at the entrance, we use it for wet storage, things like Muddy/wet gear, plus, it's great for cooking with a grill or dutch ovens! Never cook inside your main tent, grease will absolutely ruin your tent!

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.