Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Can you help with lunch money?

Discussion in 'Community Outreach 2015' started by Cogs, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Can you contribute $2, $5, $10, or more, to help NWFA be a prominent sponsor of this major clean-up event?

Our goal is to raise $300 to help cover the remaining costs of the Volunteer Appreciation Lunch at the 13th Annual Pick-up The Burn clean up event on May 2nd, 2015. This donation will speak more than just a lunch. It says we care and we are getting involved. (We have until March 29th to submit our donation).

bbq at pub.jpg
    This is in Washington State, Yacolt Burn State Forest, at Larch Mt. We are partnering with WA Dept. of Natural Resources and several other recreational groups which include; hiking, biking, equestrian and motorized, to show our support and celebrate enduring stewardship by coming together each year to clean up the Yacolt Burn State Forest. And we do it all in one action packed, fun filled day!

parking-lot-jpg.84684.jpg

In addition to the $300 lunch contribution, we’d like to raise a little more. We need to purchase a NWFA table banner, pop-up booth canopy and NWFA promotional literature. We have secured a booth space and we'll be distributing information about NWFA, Ethics & Rules of Target Shooting in the forest and Tips for the Target Shooter, along with literature from WA DNR. We will be getting lots of public exposure and want to do our best to make a positive impact.

We're also looking for volunteers for this event, and we will be announcing the Official NWFA Volunteer clean-up event soon.

Please click the button below to donate via Pay Pal before March 29, 2015.

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

We will then present a check at the next April 2nd Trail Advisory Group (TAG) meeting.

Can you help us to further the goals of our NWFA Public Awareness Program?

Thank you,

Bill

Benny503, eldbillbo and Bazooka Joe like this.
  2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'm really looking forward to this event. I think it'll be a great time to show others exactly what we've put together here, and I'd like to try to get as many volunteers out for it as possible :)

Dyjital and Cogs like this.
  3. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I'd like to volunteer. Exactly when and where is this located? I need to check my schedule.

I've got a $20 bill, no PayPal and prefer not to do the whole credit card thing. Can I bring it with me and throw it in the donation bucket?

Norm0931, Cogs and Caveman Jim like this.
  4. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

I'm in. But I need more info like AMT.

Cogs likes this.
  5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Same here, can volunteer and donate cash (I am a caveman after all).....:D

After this then i may go to Drano Wind to catch some Springers!!!!!!!

Peteralexander78 and Cogs like this.
  6. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I wish I could show up in person, But its probably not in the cards. But I'll put $100 in the pot to help feed the guys who can.

Thanks man for the good work.

7. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yes, we can do a cash donation at the event. May 2nd, on Larch Mt. We'll announce the event, along with a sign-up sheet, about 2 weeks before. I promise to turn in all the cash to Joe Link. Honest! I will! ;)

8. Cogs

Way to go, Monster!

Thanks, ATM! (I mean, AMT). I'll have a bucket ready and waiting!

Is that enough info for now? Thanks man!

I'm with ya on the Springers! Thanks Jim!

Caveman Jim likes this.
  9. Cogs

10. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

:s0152:

Cogs,

Just one more thing.... what will we be doing? I need to make sure I dress appropriately and bring proper tools - coffee, water, gloves, shovel, chainsaw, safety glasses, safety boots, etc, etc, etc.......

OK, two things...... what time does this start?

11. Cogs

That's a great list of things to bring. Jeans, boots & gloves are the norm. Won't need the chainsaw. Should bring a rake. They will provide bags, & latex gloves.

When we post the event, we'll include a list of what you'll need.

I believe sign-in will be from 8 - 9 am.

Thanks!

AMT likes this.
  12. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thank you to those who have donated so far, those planning on donating, and those planning on being there! This post has been up since just last night, and we've already raised $150!

Any donations we receive over our $300 goal and made using the link in this post will be set aside to be used exclusively for NWFA volunteer activities and supplies.

Thanks again for your help!

13. ThePhonMan

ThePhonMan Spokanistan Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Unfortunately, that's a long haul from Spokane so hopefully my money will be an acceptable substitute. :)

Great work fellow NWFA members!

Caveman Jim, Cogs and Joe Link like this.
  14. Cogs

Thank you, ThePhoneMan! That is totally cool!

15. Cogs

A big thank you goes out to @EagleEyeEOD and Company! You guys are Dynamite!

Joe Link likes this.
  16. rutilate

rutilate Vancouver and Surrounds Active Member

Payment sent via paypal. I hope to be there in person as well.

Cogs and Joe Link like this.
  17. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

"NWFA, Ethics & Rules of Target Shooting in the forest and Tips for the Target Shooter, along with literature from WA DNR"

This is Awesome!

Cogs likes this.
  18. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Please pm me the address so I can send some cash/MO to support. I chose not to touch PP.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  19. Cogs

Conversation message sent.

Thank you Benny! We really appreciate it!

20. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Bill you can count me and my family in. I should be able to bring a few friends. What is the trash that we are picking up? Shooting debris or trash in the woods?