JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
....by giving him a positive feedback (his first) even though I didn't do a deal or meet him via this site? I sent him a link and he's posted his first ad. Some members won't deal w/ people who have no feedback (particularly lately). I'm not talking about artificially stuffing a guys feedback for some that routinely post on several sites at the same time (i.e dual feedbacks)....just a one time deal as a personal voucher.

Intuition tells me to simply post a "welcome to NWFA" message w/ a mention of previous deal on his first ad and let nature take it's course.....That sound about right?

Still feeling like a newbie myself, I take great pride in my feedback scores. I don't think you ought to give a feedback score without actually doing a "Deal" though. I also believe in my intuition, so a nice comment on the newbs add would be well appropriate in my thinking....

I think if members want an item, they'll deal with a newbie. It may take a little longer, but if the price is right, well.

Welcome him for me too.

Mike

Not fake feedback.....bought from him on Armslist. A remote deal, via PayPal, smooth like buttah, precisely as described and ridiculously overpacked. It's no worse than other members who have an item posted here and on another site who request feedback on both sites. I'm a bit torn about this. I feel you should only give feedback on the site where the deal was finalized or responded to first. But what's the difference ? If you did the deal, know the person etc. Why not give the feedback. You're just attesting to their honesty and credibility as far as these deals go.
In this case, as he wasn't yet a member, I'll simply send a welcome on his ad and mention the previous deal.

If they are wanting positive feedback, I'd recommend that you refer them to the "Pay It Forward" thread. It seems to be a quick and easy way to not only get a good feedback rating, but also to help out a fellow NWFA member.

Also...I'm pretty sure that Joe could use a bit more cash influx for the website. Personally, a supporting membership goes further to say, "I'm legit" than a 100% on 1 trade...but that's just my individual perception. (Not that I'd really hesitate to do business with ANY NWFA member, new or otherwise...unless they gave me a reason, that is) If they're currently low on funds, they can always pick up 3 bags of garbage.

If they are wanting positive feedback, I'd recommend that you refer them to the "Pay It Forward" thread. It seems to be an quick and easy way to not only get a good feedback rating, but also to help out a fellow NWFA member.

Also...I'm pretty sure that Joe could use a bit more cash influx for the website. Personally, a supporting membership goes further to say, "I'm legit" than a 100% on 1 trade...but that's just my individual perception. (Not that I'd really hesitate to do business with ANY NWFA member, new or otherwise...unless they gave me a reason, that is) If they're currently low on funds, they can always pick up 3 bags of garbage.

Sounds like solid reasoning to me. Leaving a "welcome, and I've had a positive interaction with (new member) " would actually mean more to me than a +1.

A supporting membership goes further with me too.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top