JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone knows the approx value of my Winchester model 1893 serial number is 33467 and I'm having a hard time finding out the year it was made

image.jpg

Can't tell if the stock is cracked at bottom or lighting of picture. Condition is almost everything, as well as what someone is willing to pay. Who knows maybe someone just has to have that exact SN#. If stock and metal are in tact and solid condition, I would say 800-1000 is a good starting point. If you get a ton of offers in the first 30min suppose you priced to low. If it's not moving you may want to adjust your price. IMPO I would checkout some of the latest auctions and see what they have sold for.

I am not seeing any on gun broker so maybe hard to find, yours looks nice and any pre 1900 firearm by Winchester should hold value pretty well.

First slide-action repeating shotgun built by Winchester. Featured an exposed hammer and side ejection. Based on a John M. Browning patent, this model was not altogether satisfactory. Action proved to be too weak to handle smokeless loads, even though the gun was designed for black-powder. Offered in 12-gauge, with 30" or 32" barrels choked Full. Other chokes were available on special order and will command a premium. Stock was plain walnut, with a modified pistol-grip grooved slide handle and hard rubber buttplate. Receiver and barrel blued. Produced between 1893 and 1897, selling about 31000 guns. Premium for antique specimens made prior to 1899 with serial numbers lower than approximately 34204.

Can't tell if the stock is cracked at bottom or lighting of picture. Condition is almost everything, as well as what someone is willing to pay. Who knows maybe someone just has to have that exact SN#. If stock and metal are in tact and solid condition, I would say 800-1000 is a good starting point. If you get a ton of offers in the first 30min suppose you priced to low. If it's not moving you may want to adjust your price. IMPO I would checkout some of the latest auctions and see what they have sold for.
Thank you!

I am not seeing any on gun broker so maybe hard to find, yours looks nice and any pre 1900 firearm by Winchester should hold value pretty well.

First slide-action repeating shotgun built by Winchester. Featured an exposed hammer and side ejection. Based on a John M. Browning patent, this model was not altogether satisfactory. Action proved to be too weak to handle smokeless loads, even though the gun was designed for black-powder. Offered in 12-gauge, with 30" or 32" barrels choked Full. Other chokes were available on special order and will command a premium. Stock was plain walnut, with a modified pistol-grip grooved slide handle and hard rubber buttplate. Receiver and barrel blued. Produced between 1893 and 1897, selling about 31000 guns. Premium for antique specimens made prior to 1899 with serial numbers lower than approximately 34204.
Thank you!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads