JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
E129A6FB-A5AD-4978-B7CA-F2098BD3AE3A.jpeg 516B08B3-495D-4A6E-AF2B-D2481188203D.jpeg Sorry, couldn't resist. These were appearantly sold about 20 years ago. They have a 22 cal 55gr bullet in a 30 cal sabot. They were sold by Remington as a way to add variety to your rifle. Say you were out deer hunting and came across a smaller game target, load one of these and bang-4200 fps out of your old 06!

The Remington Accelerator was an either or load. They either worked very well or were really lousy. I had some in .308 and they shot sub 1/2" MOA out of a Ruger Model 77 International. After going through two boxes I could never get any more and I really tried.:)

Still have an original box of the above, having shot only a few. As to the OP question, I stumbled across some data a while ago using sabots with 55gr bullets but don't remember where and this would not really equate to non-sabot bullets. Sorry :(

Still have an original box of the above, having shot only a few. As to the OP question, I stumbled across some data a while ago using sabots with 55gr bullets but don't remember where and this would not really equate to non-sabot bullets. Sorry :(
Thank you, I was just playing about info. The box belongs to a friend and all are unfired.

Why don't you look around for one of the old Marble sub-caliber adaptors?:)
It was an insert that you clipped a .32 auto pistol cartridge on to the front of
and used it in a 30-06. It had a firing pin that ran the length of it and struct
the .32 auto cartridge primer.:D

I've attempted to make small game loads for 30-06 and the 95gr Speer half
jackets, loaded way down worked well on Jackrabbits. :eek:

You do have to exercise care with light loads in large capacity cases. :eek::eek::eek:

Last Edited:
Why don't you look around for one of the old Marble sub-caliber adaptors?:)
It was an insert that you clipped a .32 auto pistol cartridge on to the front of
and used it in a 30-06. It had a firing pin that ran the length of it and struct
the .32 auto cartridge primer.:D

I've attempted to make small game loads for 30-06 and the 95gr Speer half
jackets, loaded way down worked well on Jackrabbits. :eek:

You do have to exercise care with light loads in large capacity cases. :eek::eek::eek:
Yep. Don't want a flashover and the resultant KABOOM!

Musta been 81 or 82 that these things were on the shelves, available in 30-30, too. I bought a couple of boxes and it was the most accurate ammo out of my ancient 94. Very minimal recoil.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top