JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thread headline is a little misleading - check the conflicting dates. Saturday will be 01-19, not 01-13.

And in the video itself, the banner across the screen indicates 2012, not 2013 as the year.

Really, I'm not trying to be a correctness nazi. There's a too many of those irritating pantloads out there and I despise them wholly. But I think if something meaningful is going to get organized, little details like the date and time matter a lot.

Thanks for bringing our attention to this. I hope members will weigh in here to indicate some interest. It needs to happen.

Just as the title states, National Gun Appreciation Day will be celebrated on the 19th of January. We as a loyal community of gun-owners need to stop "preaching to the choir" and instead let our voices be heard! As a member of this forum I feel it neccessary to inform you all that I am organizing a meeting at the Capitol Building Campus' Law Enforcement Memorial in Olympia, WA starting at 10:00 am on the 19th of January. This gathering will be in celebration of The First Annual Gun Appreciation Day; an oppurtunity to reaffirm our Second Amendment and concealed-carry rights in front of those in power!!!
I have contacted The Citizens Commitee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in hopes that they might be able to provide literature for us to hand out to passers by during our time at the Capitol. I have also applied for an Assembly Permit just in case more people show up (which would be amazing!)Bring your flags, your family, and your support for our 2A rights that day and enjoy this oppurtunity to let others know that we are decent Americans who are tired of being criminalized and who just want to live under the protection of our Constitution. Spread the word to all your pals, and please let other forum members know about this thread in order to garner support for our cause. It's time to bring our sport out of the shadows of society, and show the people the positive side of gun-ownership!!!
Hope to see you there,
Ray Schmidt

What say we all, Jan 19 it is in Salem?

Vietnam Vet, conceal carry since 1971 have Never been part of a protest, but this is something we all must stand up for!

I plan on being there in coat n tie, not camo, just an all American in support on our God given rights to defend ourselves and our loved ones.

Normally, I'd be rocking the 8-foot skateboard, cape, goggles and leopard print speedo, but this will be different. I also plan to present a fairly "normal or average" appearance in Salem, giving the critical lefties just one less thing to spaz about about in their media.

I'm trying to decide what I want to write on my sign. Do you guys have any suggestions you aren't using yourself. I was thinking of "What if I refuse?" but I don't want to come off extreme or fanatical. I want to remind people that its the people that are giving up their guns NOT the government, and they WILL use theirs to take ours.

I'm trying to decide what I want to write on my sign. Do you guys have any suggestions you aren't using yourself. I was thinking of "What if I refuse?" but I don't want to come off extreme or fanatical. I want to remind people that its the people that are giving up their guns NOT the government, and they WILL use theirs to take ours.

I think "LIBERTY OR DEATH" would get the point across.

In regards to OREGON:
I sent an email to the spears head regarding time etc.
=================================================================================================

We have the Capitol step area reserved from 10-2 but I am asking folks to plan arrivals around 11-11:30 and meet up at the front steps

Please bring signs and personal needs like water and such.
Also asking folks to not bring long guns and if you chose too then unloaded to lower inquiries from Mall and Salem police.
Respectively
Tom

Lets try and break the stereotypes of gun owners. Dress nice, no camo. Instead of bringing your rifle, bring your family. I'm coming out with a few buddies from work and my family as well.

Lets try and break the stereotypes of gun owners. Dress nice, no camo. Instead of bringing your rifle, bring your family. I'm coming out with a few buddies from work and my family as well.
I've been thinking about it, and that is what I'm going to do. I don't want any trouble and I don't want to give the other side any reason to feel validated. shirt, tie, kids, wife, check!

We absolutely have to be on our best behavior. I know I will have family with me, and a few of my pals will as well. This is a golden oppurtunity for us to shine in the face of opposition.
I pulled this from another thread that was discussing this. The link can be found here. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...ou-going-open-carry-conceal-carry-19th-2.html

Originally Posted by solv3nt

"Why are we marching the capitol on a Saturday? Won't they be closed?"

National Gun Appreciation Day. It's our chance as legal gun owners to show our numbers in front of an audience that matters - the lawmakers. If all goes well, and this peaceful gathering wraps up without a hitch, it may be a segway story on the evening news. On the other hand, if we rally and end up bickering with each other for four hours, and get riled up and start waving guns around you can bet your spare magazine that we will be on the front page labelled as "wacko's" and "extremist".
On the 19th we need to dress nice, play nice, and carry politely worded "family-friendly" signs. Carry as you normally would, don't make a scene, and for God's sake keep your rifles at home. In Olympia there will be a huge police prescence so it would be best to keep the law engaged in friendly conversation, as opposed to making them nervous. Hope to see you there!

I just received correspondance from Guns Across America representative, Travis N. We are looking at 12:00 noon at the Tivoli Fountain and surrounding campus areas on the 19th. If the numbers hold true, we may see close to 1,000 people there by his estimate. Even if half show up it will be a sight!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top