JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prohibiting ammo drums seems somewhat silly when mags over 10 rounds are already prohibited in CA.

Our next ammo problem actually starts 7/1/2019 when you have to pay for a background check for each ammo purchase from in-state dealer/vendors. Policies are currently being worked on but it seems $1.00 per purchase for an immediate background check if you are in the CA DOJ system or $19.00 with perhaps a 10 day wait if you are not.

What seems to be a likelyhood is upcoming legislation for overly broad "red flag" laws.

Better be getting all ya need to load your own , and a stockpile for whatever guns you have. And don't store it all in one place,sealed pvc pipe and screw caps and find hidey places in attics, and under house , etc.
I see ammo smugglers in Califoofoos future...you can get anything else their !

I was told they won't even sell you ammo?
If your not wearing the new state approved ''Trigger finger modulating safety''.

iuDDEZMWFZ.jpg

Seems like all that checking makes a drive to Nevada more of a payoff than just a Vegas+Booze run.

Choices seem to be ignore the law and take your chances with what I believe will initially be a misdemeanor. Or any of the following lawful actions:

1.) get a FFL03 plus CA COE (Certificate of Eligibility). This will allow for out of state ammo to still be shipped directly to your address. (Note: the bummer here is that after paying the State for a piece of paper that says you are eligible to purchase firearms and ammo you now will have to pay to verify that the notice is valid:(

2.) have a direct relation - wife to husband / father to son / grandfather to granddaughter - gift ammo bought out of state before crossing the line

3.) as mentioned elsewhere in the post, learn to reload. (Note: powders and primers are not currently addressed but who knows what the future holds.)

4.) play the game and buy from an authorized ammo dealer/vendor in-state and pay the background check fees each time you purchase.

These new policies are up for review in the next 30 days with implementation supposed to be 7/1/2019.

Choices seem to be ignore the law and take your chances with what I believe will initially be a misdemeanor. Or any of the following lawful actions:

1.) get a FFL03 plus CA COE (Certificate of Eligibility). This will allow for out of state ammo to still be shipped directly to your address. (Note: the bummer here is that after paying the State for a piece of paper that says you are eligible to purchase firearms and ammo you now will have to pay to verify that the notice is valid:(

2.) have a direct relation - wife to husband / father to son / grandfather to granddaughter - gift ammo bought out of state before crossing the line

3.) as mentioned elsewhere in the post, learn to reload. (Note: powders and primers are not currently addressed but who knows what the future holds.)

4.) play the game and buy from an authorized ammo dealer/vendor in-state and pay the background check fees each time you purchase.

These new policies are up for review in the next 30 days with implementation supposed to be 7/1/2019.
I recall learning in history class about some guys who were being taxed and regulated without any political political representation, making the worlds largest batch of cold tea...

Me thinks, times a coming for another batch of tea to be made...

I wonder when they'll go after the reloaders? Or would reloading components be included in a general definition of "ammunition"?
Since at least early Obama I think, they have been trying to force sneak in requirements for primers that expire. This would address ammo stockpiling and reloading. If your primers go dead, all ammo would have limited shelf life.

Other California gun controls which took effect January 1, 2019, include an expansion of training requirements necessary to acquire a concealed carry permit and inclusion of certain misdemeanors as justification for a lifetime ban on gun ownership.

The Wall Street Journal reports that misdemeanor domestic violence charges–such as "harmful touching of a spouse, roommate or dating partner"–can now be treated on part with domestic violence felonies and result in a total forfeiture of Second Amendment rights.

Life time loss of firearm rites for "Harmful touching" WTH is that!!. It's gotten to the point where I'm afraid to even look at another person for fear of being charged with some new made up crap felony. Good Lord I want off this ride!. We somehow need to hit the flush lever and start over.

Other California gun controls which took effect January 1, 2019, include an expansion of training requirements necessary to acquire a concealed carry permit and inclusion of certain misdemeanors as justification for a lifetime ban on gun ownership.

The Wall Street Journal reports that misdemeanor domestic violence charges–such as "harmful touching of a spouse, roommate or dating partner"–can now be treated on part with domestic violence felonies and result in a total forfeiture of Second Amendment rights.

Life time loss of firearm rites for "Harmful touching" WTH is that!!. It's gotten to the point where I'm afraid to even look at another person for fear of being charged with some new made up crap felony. Good Lord I want off this ride!. We somehow need to hit the flush lever and start over.
Well, appearantly the good people of Kommiefornia like their Nanny State, they keep electing the same people over and over...

Me thinks this country needs one voting system, that requires positive identification of the individual about to cast the vote, you know, to be sure they're actually eligible to vote...

If I have to produce identification to take a minor child to the doctor, then the least a voter can do is provide identification prior to voting...

Well, appearantly the good people of Kommiefornia like their Nanny State, they keep electing the same people over and over...

Me thinks this country needs one voting system, that requires positive identification of the individual about to cast the vote, you know, to be sure they're actually eligible to vote...

If I have to produce identification to take a minor child to the doctor, then the least a voter can do is provide identification prior to voting...

Ah.....no, I don't.

Perhaps it is not so different from the question do the people of OR like their governor? What about OR or WA state legislators or AGs?

We get what we get with uninformed/uninvolved electorates and assault politicians who are not held accountable.

Ah.....no, I don't.

Perhaps it is not so different from the question do the people of OR like their governor? What about OR or WA state legislators or AGs?

We get what we get with uninformed/uninvolved electorates and assault politicians who are not held accountable.
Understood... And you have a valid point. But the good citizens of the west coast need to get more involved and help better candidates to be filter up for elections.

You think positive voter identification requirements and ensuring each voter only gets one vote would help alleviate the problem or make it worse?

Agreed, more involvement and prolonged voter education would be a good thing.

I do believe voter ID and one voter/one vote requirements would be a good thing. However, in California it will be stringently opposed even though the common citizen would not be against it. We are having an increasing problem with "vote bundling" by activists. Combine this with past motor-voter initiatives and some current municipalities working towards allowing non-citizens to vote (eg. SF) and it is a big problem.

Agreed, more involvement and prolonged voter education would be a good thing.

I do believe voter ID and one voter/one vote requirements would be a good thing. However, in California it will be stringently opposed even though the common citizen would not be against it. We are having an increasing problem with "vote bundling" by activists. Combine this with past motor-voter initiatives and some current municipalities working towards allowing non-citizens to vote (eg. SF) and it is a big problem.
Same garbage will infiltrate the rest of the west coast. In the past I've suggested that real estate owners and those who actually pay income taxes should be the only ones that get a vote, cause they're paying the bills... Seems there some opposition to that idea... Wonder why?

Same garbage will infiltrate the rest of the west coast. In the past I've suggested that real estate owners and those who actually pay income taxes should be the only ones that get a vote, cause they're paying the bills... Seems there some opposition to that idea... Wonder why?

Same issue of only property owners voting was debated at the beginning of the colonies. While I personally would not support a situation where only property owners could vote, I think I would support a two tiered voting system where only property owners can vote on items that effect property taxes and values.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top