JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Sure, ban all lead bullets. Who needs them? They're just an obsolete relic. No big deal, sounds like a great idea."

I for one would not be able to shoot anymore. I've been casting my own for decades, and my lead levels are fine. There is simply no effective substitute for lead in a bullet. I might as well scrap my guns and take up golf. There's no way I could afford to buy and shoot "green" bullets. It's one thing to cavalierly dismiss another person's hobby, and another to be on the receiving end when they shut you down.

Depleted uranium works pretty good...and it's lead free!

If they ban "led" from ranges, I will really miss listening to Stairway to Heaven when doing ladder tests.

"Sure, ban all lead bullets. Who needs them? They're just an obsolete relic. No big deal, sounds like a great idea."

I for one would not be able to shoot anymore. I've been casting my own for decades, and my lead levels are fine. There is simply no effective substitute for lead in a bullet. I might as well scrap my guns and take up golf. There's no way I could afford to buy and shoot "green" bullets. It's one thing to cavalierly dismiss another person's hobby, and another to be on the receiving end when they shut you down.

My MT husband 'casts' bullets and he uses factory bought reloading bullets too.

Green aka non lead bullets are pretty expensive and I have not looked at them online in a long time. I remember reading about them in the past.

Take care.

Cate

Yep. Bet it passes too. We'll probably win in court but who knows.

Reloads are excluded because they aren't certified. If you don't shoot whitebread calibers, you're bubblegummed.

No 6mmbr. No Ackley improved. Nothing that actually works.
I know this proposal is absurd, but are you implying that only fancy non standard calibers that require hand loading "actually work?"

This kind of stuff is why the wife and I decided that when we retire, we're going to Arizona. We had a choice of places to go, due to certain circumstances. One was between San Diego and Oceanside. The other was NW Arizona, north of Kingman. MY folks live in Arizona near Tuscon. HER mom lives in SoCal. I told her NW Arizona was pretty close to the halfway point between the two families.

Yes I have lived in CA. MANY years ago. And no way am I ever living there again. Even the Forest Service rangers there and the State Game guys are seriously militant. Not a chance I will ever go back to live there. You can hardly go camping there, desert or national forest, without someone sticking their nose up your behind or wondering what you're doing. Never going back there to live.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top