JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How in the heck am I supposed to know what the mental history is of everyone that visits my house?

Just another attempt to push gun owners out of California.

draft_lens13830541module122864531photo_1286762739democracy_vs_republic.jpg

California and NYC are models for what is to come nationwide, but worse.

Just a little more trickery. A little more slight of hand. A few scary events plotted and planned.

Oh well. Shooting is one of the few things I still enjoy in life but I fully expect all private gun ownership to be banned in my lifetime.

No populace this deluded and deceived can possibly remain 'free.'

A lot more happened in CA today than the AW ban. Lead free Ammo is required by 2017, expanded penalties for unauthorized accesses to your firearms, suspending state preemption for Oakland, banning 30 round magazines even if they have been permanently altered to ten rounds (because they are too long!), limiting the transfer of off-roster handguns to 2 per year, and requiring a firearm safety certificate for the purchase of all firearms.

There are about six more to be voted on before the end of their session this week. The governor must sign or veto the passed bills within two weeks or they become law anyway.

AB374 effects far more than what the liberals have labeled as " assault weapons ".

SB 374 will ban all bullet button and featureless ARs, AKs, Ruger mini-14’s and 30’s along with any other semi-automatic rifle with a feeding device. Some believe the way it was written it is vague enough to include TUBE FED. ( from calguns )

The liberals in California have been trying to ban rifles in California since the Stockton schoolyard shooting. Looks like they may have finally succeeded.The only thing that could stop this now would be a veto by Brown, which oddly enough may happen. He has been a very strange friend when it comes to new gun legislation.

I am thankful I fled that state when i did. In the past year, they have went FULL retard. It was bad before but I still came up here with several magazine fed rifles. In another year I would have come up with a BB gun it seems. This is what happens when you have a liberal majority running the state, and they have the majority of voters supporting them. This is what happens when you compromise and let these people introduce and pass new legislation every year. Eventually they will say bubblegum it, we want them all.

Remember ;

When new laws that are designed to further erode your civil rights are introduced, no matter how harmless they seem, the response should always be the same.

bubblegum YOU.

^ it only bans new sales.

I guess it will still be possible to buy non-AWB rifles out of state? Or is importing them banned too?

A ban on lead bullets will be a big problem for indoor gun ranges (and will marginalize the firearms culture further, since in a lot of places shooting is already prohibited).

^ it only bans new sales.

Non AW long guns will be sold in gun shops across the state, importing will not be a issue.

From Bill :

The bill
would require a person who, between January 1, 2001, and prior to
January 1, 2014, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not
have a fixed magazine, including those weapons with an ammunition
feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the
use of a tool, to register the firearm by July 1, 2014.

If you miss the registration window, you are SOL and would be in possession of a unregistered assault weapon.

NOT GOOD

Possession is a wobbler in California. If you have no other charges and your circumstances are " clean " , it will more than likely be charged as a misdemeanor. if you are a gang member or committed another crime, felony.

Importing would be a profoundly bad idea. Transportation of a unregistered assault weapon is a Felony. The problem is what constitutes a non aw after this bill goes into effect.

I guess lever actions, single shots, and bolts are still GTG . ??

Here is supporting PC

30600 (old 12280). (a) (1) Any person who, within this state, manufactures
or causes to be manufactured, distributes, transports, or
imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes
for sale, or who gives or lends any assault weapon or any .50
BMG rifle, except as provided by this chapter, is guilty of a
felony, and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment
in the state prison for four, six, or eight years.

A lot more happened in CA today than the AW ban. Lead free Ammo is required by 2017, expanded penalties for unauthorized accesses to your firearms, suspending state preemption for Oakland, banning 30 round magazines even if they have been permanently altered to ten rounds (because they are too long!), limiting the transfer of off-roster handguns to 2 per year, and requiring a firearm safety certificate for the purchase of all firearms.

There are about six more to be voted on before the end of their session this week. The governor must sign or veto the passed bills within two weeks or they become law anyway.

Coming to Portland and Multnomah County very soon I betcha.

Anti-Hunting Assembly Bill 711 Passes California Senate Committee

One week ago today, the California State Senate Appropriations Committee passed Assembly Bill 711 that bans the use of traditional lead ammunition in hunting, the first such statewide prohibition in the nation. The bill is vigorously opposed by NSSF and a coalition of hunting, sporting and labor organizations, but now moves to the Senate floor. In a press release issued soon after committee passage, NSSF's Senior Vice President and General Counsel Lawrence G. Keane said, "Not only does passage of this bill needlessly jeopardize millions of dollars of federal conservation funding California receives annually as articulated by the Department of Finance analysis of the bill, but these new amendments shine a light on supporters' true intentions. Their goal is to end hunting and sports shooting, beginning with California." Before the vote, the committee amended the bill to delay its implementation until 2019.

Regarding AB 711's passage, Sacramento Bee veteran political columnist Dan Walters observed that while ". . . a basic governmental duty is to protect constituents' civil and human rights . . . there is . . . a significant exception to the Legislature's zealous protection of rights, one group of law-abiding Californians whose rights are being assaulted, even though they are specifically mentioned in the nation's Constitution -- the millions of Californians who own and use firearms for hunting and target-shooting." What also should be of serious concern to lawmakers in a state now reeling from widespread wildfires is that copper ammunition often suggested as the alternative to lead ammunition is more prone to sparking fires.

Also, the California Assembly will be voting on bills that would deem any semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine to be an "assault weapon" banned under state law, require a background check for ammunition purchases, outlaw ownership of magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds, require safety certificate requirements for long-gun purchases and expand the list of Californian convicts who can't legally own guns to include more crimes. These measures put the Golden State on a very slippery slope, noted a San Diego Union Times columnist. The only gun-control measures that did not pass committee were the "bullet button" and "smart gun" technology bills.

NSSF is closely monitoring legislative developments in Sacramento and continues to urge all hunters, target shooters and gun owners in California to contact their state senators to express opposition to AB 711.

The following list of bills will be voted on by the Assembly in the near future. Please contact your assembly member and ask them to oppose these bills:

SB 53 (de Leon) Ammunition: purchase permits

SB 374 (Steinberg) Firearms: assault weapons

SB 396 (Hancock) Firearms: magazine capacity

SB 567 (Jackson) Firearms: shotguns

SB 755 (Wolk) Firearms: prohibited persons

By: NSSF

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show