JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow...:s0156: just wrap everything, including your whole body, in tinfoil, so the gamma gun detector rays and mind control beams won't penetrate...are you actually listening to yourself? The only thing missing is the virtual foam from your mouth. I keep checking to see if I jumped into the middle pages of a conversation, but no...just the middle of looneytown. If you are REALLY that paranoid, maybe gun collecting isn't the ideal hobby for you.

This.
Isn't.
That.
Complicated.

If they came for only your guns, I could see the reason being that someone could be concerned for you and asked the courts to intervene. Like Martini Up stated, if they came for everyone's guns, time to use them or lose them.

P.S., I hid a secret message in my response.

Cache IMO isn't just for a circumstance where confiscation is concerned.

This is the preparedness section, so, if someone were to have enough, I see no reason why not to strategically place a few elsewhere.

Have some property? Perfect.

Have a second property? Even better!

Most folks I know with second properties with cabins on them, keep just about nothing inside them. For good reason, theft.

If, for whatever reason, you had to or wanted to bug out to your other property (family property, friends etc etc), you'd know what you had allready cached there...less to haul.

I do understand the "technical" difference between registered and unregistered. A. American published an thought provoking series of books. While entertaining and a bit far fetched (i hope) some ideas are not without merit. If the current government wants to knock on someones door and say that they have been a bad girl and take their firearms I would be inclined to believe that Susie had been a bad girl.

But in the event something changes and D#$* Head Security comes to my door I will complacently, and with a heavy heart, pass along all my prized possessions. I will assume that they have a copy of every FFL transaction I have ever conducted. They will leave happy in the knowledge that everything on their checklist has been accounted for. And that I am a good compliant sheep.

If things deteriorate to that point I would not want to try and convenience some POS with friends at my door that I dropped my Barrett in the lake last summer.

Wouldn't it make more sense to cache registered items as a beta test first, so that if your test fails, you didn't lose the good stuff and can just go get another registered item and start over?
Maybe even only cache registered items period?

o_OI got lost somewhere between "alpha" and "beta".... and "test"?? What does that mean? Gonna invite someone in to search for your secret alphabet? Registered? What? By whom and why? Oy...

I think you all need to have a boat accident like I did and so many have and rid yourselves of those pesky firearms.

Now if I had a firearm and had not lost them in a boating accident I would be.

1. Don't ask don't tell and don't advertise on FB and Forums if you are concerned.
  2. Hypothetically any firearm you bought or sold prior to August 2015 privately would be hard to prove in Oregon as prior to this draconian law they passed there were no records.
  3. You are not required to present evidence of firearm ownership on any private sale AKA Number two above type situation.
  4. The SKS is a great firearm and due to its huge following, previous lower price and huge trades these are very hard to track down as they we so cheap people often traded them for a Chain saw or something years ago. I think another reason SHTF they are awesome as you cant confiscate something bought and traded over 50 years by 10-20 people and that does happen. Or should say did.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top