JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wouldn't it make more sense to cache registered items as a beta test first, so that if your test fails, you didn't lose the good stuff and can just go get another registered item and start over?

Maybe even only cache registered items period?

Nope. I disagree. I also disagree with the word "registered", but I get your jist. Why hide something "they" know about? That's what "they" will be looking for. What you have that isn't on paper would be the good stuff to hide. No one knows what to look for.

FYI, there is some truth to this and some of the stuff I have that has been purchased from an FFL would be the first to be discarded thru an FFL. The other stuff? That's the stuff to hang onto and hide if I felt the need.

Nope. I disagree. I also disagree with the word "registered", but I get your jist. Why hide something "they" know about? That's what "they" will be looking for. What you have that isn't on paper would be the good stuff to hide. No one knows what to look for.

FYI, there is some truth to this and some of the stuff I have that has been purchased from an FFL would be the first to be discarded thru an FFL. The other stuff? That's the stuff to hang onto and hide if I felt the need.

As I said in my OP you'd want to try this out with the easily replaced registered item first to see if it works before risking the precious unregistered items....

Do you have to report boating accidents?

As I said in my OP you'd want to try this out with the easily replaced registered item first to see if it works before risking the precious unregistered items....
I understand what you say, but still disagree. Why/how would they even know about the ones they don't know about? It wouldn't be missed if it wasn't known about. Anyway, by the time it gets to that point, you're pretty much screwed and you better have your guns locked and loaded.

We're gonna have to talk to you about "registered". What are you trying to imply?

• "They" will be looking for the "registered" firearms. If you don't have them, they will require you to account for them. If you can't show that you sold them legally, then you may be criminally liable.
  • They may look around for any other firearms in the immediate area, but if they don't find any, and they find (or you turn in) the "registered" firearms, then they can't (by current law regarding searches), they can't go searching outside the area the warrant allows, and generally judges don't allow LEOs to go searching all over the place without probable cause (such as somebody publicly posting about 'caching').
Of course, it depends on what guns you have that are "registered", which ones aren't and what you anticipate you will need the guns for. If your 'un-registered' firearms are a couple of surplus bolt actions and your 'registered' firearms are glocks and AKs/ARs, or vice versa, then certainly that is something to be considered.

Yes, I realize that, that's why I named this the beta test in my OP...I have another thread on here about my alpha test...This is the second test of a real item, not just a few test items before I got to the real thing..Not
"as a beta test first" comes straight out of your OP.

Have agree with Caveman this time. I got lost along the way who was arguing with who and about what. o_O

First off, let's all agree that there is not at this time registered firearms UNLESS you have a machine gun, suppressor (Though hopefully that changes!), and other highly restricted items.
Now I know the word the OP was looking for was Documented versus undocumented. Many of us have firearms we got as a private sale before the silly laws like 594 and such were passed. Also, some/many have firearms passed down from parents and grandparents that never passed through an FFL.

To the OP's question. Sure if you have a new caching system and want to test it. Maybe using a cheap gun that you got from an FFL, there by creating a record. Use it before one of those hand me downs. If this cache is meant to be stored for extended periods. Then the response is right. Store the stuff no one officially knows exists.

Just set up your cache over engineered to not fail.

Double or triple foodsaver pack anything which might corrode, along with apropriate sized descicant (silicone gel type) in the foodsaver bag. Will keep any resudual moisture from temperature changes at bay. Could even throw in an O2 absorber, but then double the desiccant.

Then you just need the hard case which fits whatever you vacuum packed. Either a tube or box.

Light film of lube overall, so it's ready to go once assembled, or dry lube (depending what it is).

If your worried about lube reacting with foodsaver bag, form a box from cardboard, or wrap, or roll.

Done.

Last Edited:
The question is really do you want your gear cached if 'they' are looking for them? Seems you should want to join in with rest of the patriots and join the struggle against tyranny.

Remember the sage old saying, "just when you think it time to bury your weapons, it's in fact time to dig them up"

:)

"as a beta test first" comes straight out of your OP.

Yes it does, and it's correct. I did an alpha, (not alfa) test months ago, I posted about it here. It's an internal non end user test. A beta test is an expanded end user or end item test. That's what this thread is about. My first beta test. You have to understand the difference between the tests and words.

I understand what you say, but still disagree. Why/how would they even know about the ones they don't know about? It wouldn't be missed if it wasn't known about. Anyway, by the time it gets to that point, you're pretty much screwed and you better have your guns locked and loaded.

We're gonna have to talk to you about "registered". What are you trying to imply?

Sigh, I explained this in my posts already, including my first post....

"Wouldn't it make more sense to cache registered items as a beta test first, so that if your test fails, you didn't lose the good stuff and can just go get another registered item and start over?"

Let me break it down more. You don't want to risk losing something that is that precious in
a first beta test. Use something registered first. If it works, then do the unregistered. If it didn't, you try again with another registered.

Last Edited:
Wow...:s0156: just wrap everything, including your whole body, in tinfoil, so the gamma gun detector rays and mind control beams won't penetrate...are you actually listening to yourself? The only thing missing is the virtual foam from your mouth. I keep checking to see if I jumped into the middle pages of a conversation, but no...just the middle of looneytown. If you are REALLY that paranoid, maybe gun collecting isn't the ideal hobby for you.

This.
Isn't.
That.
Complicated.

If they came for only your guns, I could see the reason being that someone could be concerned for you and asked the courts to intervene. Like Martini Up stated, if they came for everyone's guns, time to use them or lose them.

P.S., I hid a secret message in my response.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top