JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The prices are kinda high yes. But the only other Snider I've found marked like mine, that looks like it sat in salt water for a couple years was $2000. I got mine for $450

If Cabela's could do house branded guns, you could probably get a Glock 19 for $459.99, amd 275.99 on sale :rolleyes: still what, $200 more than it cost to make? :D

Maybe Cabela's should get Trump to push for opening imports up, then bring in Norincos with their logo. The All New Cabela's CGR (Commie Gun Rifle) 47 & 74 (they have a CGR fly rod that meant Cabelas Glass Rod - fun lil fly rods)

Still wouldn't buy one first hand, unless they changed gun counter procedures.

Went in today and complained to a manager. He said they have just got increased budget and are trying to hire people.

Told them about this thread.

If you go in I'd ask for a manager and bring all this up. I think they need to get feedback

@Yarome you ought to copy/paste that into a review. I can help if needed. Same with the rest of you :D

Cabela's - Tualatin

I wish I could say I was surprised, but unfortunately I've been through the same thing. 10am on a Tuesday and it took well over two hours to buy my LCP!

Seldom does one see someone who manages to purchase the incubator they spent the first six months of their lives in. Did they take care of those webbed feet for you before you were released home to your mommy?

;)

Remember the parable about throwing stones Stomper, BTW, I do think I first heard that comment in the sixth grade, tho better articulated I might point out!

Oh wait, you are the member with the squinty eyed, huge opened mouth personalized cartoon characterization aren't you, never mind my criticism as you did your best!

Went in today and complained to a manager. He said they have just got increased budget and are trying to hire people.

Told them about this thread.

If you go in I'd ask for a manager and bring all this up. I think they need to get feedback

OP has consistently stated "not in their job description!"

Joan's with two employees in the store, total, and 30 soccer moms in line for fabric runs faster and more organized than the Tualatin Cabelas gun counter.

Those that get this will understand.
The Joann's analogy is like going to Krispy Kreme's to get donuts-"I'll take a dozen original, one flavor of the month, 2 creme filled ones, one chocolate frosted, 3 old fashioned, how many am I up to?" And still they are faster than Cabelas gun counter...

BF039DAA-9C87-44CE-ABF7-CE08298A2E0D.jpeg
Seldom does one see someone who manages to purchase the incubator they spent the first six months of their lives in. Did they take care of those webbed feet for you before you were released home to your mommy?

;)

Remember the parable about throwing stones Stomper, BTW, I do think I first heard that comment in the sixth grade, tho better articulated I might point out!

Oh wait, you are the member with the squinty eyed, huge opened mouth personalized cartoon characterization aren't you, never mind my criticism as you did your best!

It's cool, my house isn't made of glass. ;)

I rarely walk out empty handed from Cabelas. I've bought a couple of long guns there. I always enjoy checking the milsurp rack, you never know what they're going to get in. They also had good deals on the 62 gr 5.56x45 over Christmas ($6/box). The key is to go on weekdays. Order online and pickup in store, simple. I bought a gun once on a Saturday and it took me 3 hours to get out. Never will do that again. Not a big fan of the sales staff either, most of them are moody impatient cranks and they don't listen very well. I've watched them bungle all kinds of easy sales to housewives and novices. I could outsell all of them combined.

I've only been to Northwest Armory a couple of times, but it seems to me they have pretty good sales and they are knowledgeable too. It's only ten minutes from Cabelas.

Last Edited:
Instant check is supposed to take minutes to do yet Cabellas can't do it in an hour. I tend to think it's to get you to shop while you wait because once you make the gun purchase they want you to leave. It's marketing in my opinion, to sell all they can and keep you in the store looking. I would never buy a gun from these guys.o_O

you ought to copy/paste that into a review. I can help if needed.

I thought about that, but I'm not knocking Cabela's as a whole and, under the circumstances, didn't know how to "rate" them with stars. I always do, and will continue to visit any one I happen to be passing. I just won't be buying any guns from them again. KWIM?

I order online fairly often and have never had a problem. Their prices aren't exactly "competative", but if you know how to "work" the system with them you can come out with some excellent deals you just can't get anywhere else. The stores are B-utiful, the selection is excellent, tons of eye candy... it's a great way to spend an afternoon.... just not shackled to the gun counter waiting for hours for someone to whisper your number so you can throw money at em. ;)

It was my first gun purchase through them. I "should" have looked up reviews... heck... I do for about any company I've never dealt with before, but it never occured to me to look up Cabela's. I mean... it's CABELA'S and I've been buying other stuff through them for decades. Who knew!? :D

Not to change my stance since I posted previously, but I did make a trip to Cabela's last week looking for 44 Special ammo. When passing by the gun counter I noticed a few guys standing around waiting. I also noticed that the salesmen who were talking to customers at the time were giving them their undivided attention. As I neared the used rifle rack, I saw a customer confront another Cabela's employee, complaining that he took a ticket and had been waiting 1/2 an hour and couldn't get any help. The employee stated that since the customer had questions about something NOT behind the gun counter, he could help. The "customer" kept complaining about the wait. The employee apologized and again asked if he could help. The customer just kept on complaining.... I didn't hear the rest of the conversation as I got sucked into the Gun Library by the Winchester Super Grade Model 70's on display, where I was immediately greeted by a salesman. ? Guess they want to sell us the nice guns. :D

Yes, it's ok to complain, but when someone offers help isn't it time to shut the "F" up and accept it?

Yes, it's ok to complain, but when someone offers help isn't it time to shut the "F" up and accept it?

Well said, brother. Gotta make you wonder how many salespersons piss poor attitudes are creations of our our making.

Joan's with two employees in the store, total, and 30 soccer moms in line for fabric runs faster and more organized than the Tualatin Cabelas gun counter.

Those that get this will understand.
OUCH. LOL Been there done that, run in for a plastic storage box, and end up trapped in a cattle-chute behind a whole herd with only ONE cashier... Good thing those boxes are usually like half-MSRP. Great for gun parts, miniatures...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top