JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I originally posted this in the General Firearms Discussion as a reply to a thread, but then thought maybe I should post here to, in case someone in the Yakima area is needing powder or ammo:
I was in the Cabela's Outpost in Union Gap yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised to see surprising quantities of ammo and some powder! PMC .223 Bronze was $9.99 per box of 20, Federal Independence 55 gr FMJ was $11.95. Fiocchi .45 ACP was $22.95 for a box of 50 (230 gr FMJ). They had W-760 for $22.99 a pound, also H-380, IMR-7828, Longshot, H-414, Hybrid 100V, and some others ranging in price from $22.95 to $27.95. The only things missing were .22lr, powders for handguns, and powders for .223 class cartridges. They also had an excellent supply of .308 Win, including Fiocchi 147 gr FMJ for $18.99 a box. Now, perhaps they got in a shipment yesterday morning and it will be gone today, but I plan to check on my home to see how much is left.

Checked again yesterday about 5:30 p.m. They still had a fair assortment of powder and a couple hundred boxes of both the PMC Bronze .223 55 gr FMJ at $9.95 per box of 20. Looking at gunbot, that would be classified as a good buy at $.50 per round, especially for reloadable brass cases that you don't even have to ream the primer pockets! I did buy 2 more boxes. They do allow you to purchase up to 100 rounds per day for the centerfire ammo. It is the most .223 ammo I have seen in a store in quite a while. They had an equal amount of the Federal Independence 55 gr FMJ with crimped primers for $11.95 a box, still not a bad deal at $.60 per round (at least not a bad deal for the past 5+ months)

Cabela's in Springfield today had a ton of ammo, I haven't seen this much ammo on the shelf in months.
The have (had) 9mm, 10mm, 357, 40 S&W, .45, also they must have had 100+ boxes of 5.56 for $11.99 per box. As well as most other rifle calibers.
The only thing I didn't see was 22LR.

Of course the note on the door stated a 5 box limit for everything but 22LR, which they were capping at 100 rounds! 2 x 50 max limit on 22LR. That's crazy, not even worth the effort if it was available.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top