JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I originally posted this in the General Firearms Discussion as a reply to a thread, but then thought maybe I should post here to, in case someone in the Yakima area is needing powder or ammo:
I was in the Cabela's Outpost in Union Gap yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised to see surprising quantities of ammo and some powder! PMC .223 Bronze was $9.99 per box of 20, Federal Independence 55 gr FMJ was $11.95. Fiocchi .45 ACP was $22.95 for a box of 50 (230 gr FMJ). They had W-760 for $22.99 a pound, also H-380, IMR-7828, Longshot, H-414, Hybrid 100V, and some others ranging in price from $22.95 to $27.95. The only things missing were .22lr, powders for handguns, and powders for .223 class cartridges. They also had an excellent supply of .308 Win, including Fiocchi 147 gr FMJ for $18.99 a box. Now, perhaps they got in a shipment yesterday morning and it will be gone today, but I plan to check on my home to see how much is left.

Checked again yesterday about 5:30 p.m. They still had a fair assortment of powder and a couple hundred boxes of both the PMC Bronze .223 55 gr FMJ at $9.95 per box of 20. Looking at gunbot, that would be classified as a good buy at $.50 per round, especially for reloadable brass cases that you don't even have to ream the primer pockets! I did buy 2 more boxes. They do allow you to purchase up to 100 rounds per day for the centerfire ammo. It is the most .223 ammo I have seen in a store in quite a while. They had an equal amount of the Federal Independence 55 gr FMJ with crimped primers for $11.95 a box, still not a bad deal at $.60 per round (at least not a bad deal for the past 5+ months)

Cabela's in Springfield today had a ton of ammo, I haven't seen this much ammo on the shelf in months.
The have (had) 9mm, 10mm, 357, 40 S&W, .45, also they must have had 100+ boxes of 5.56 for $11.99 per box. As well as most other rifle calibers.
The only thing I didn't see was 22LR.

Of course the note on the door stated a 5 box limit for everything but 22LR, which they were capping at 100 rounds! 2 x 50 max limit on 22LR. That's crazy, not even worth the effort if it was available.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top