JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
USGI .50 cal steel cans are nice, but $15.50 is rather pricey for them. Not really a bargain.

I suggest you take a look at Cabela's "Dry-Storage Ammunition Box"
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...-All+Products&Ntt=Dry-Storage+Ammunition+Box+

It holds about twice as much as a GI .50 can and seals air tight. To give you an idea of their size, they'll take a standard 8.5x11" paper stack comfortably. Its plastic so its not bombproof like the GI .50 cans, but unless you plan to shlep it all across the outback, its not a significant factor. For static storage (the most common use) its great! They're an in-stock item at all Cabela's so next time you're there you can examine one. Another thing, the bottom of the box also nests with others, so you can store a bunch of empty ones in a very reasonable space.

Retail is $15. BUT several times a year Cabela's puts them on sale for half price. When I see that I stock up. I've got a BUNCH of them. They're handy as a pocket on a shirt for storing all kinds of stuff.

To make the deal sweeter, every once in a while Cabela's offers FREE shipping too. Not always but sometimes. So keep your eyes open and you might just luck into a tw0-fer sweet deal.

Next time I see them on sale I'll try to post it here.

They are actually $15 on sale.

I am glad you have had luck w/the plastic boxes. When loaded I found the handles pop out pretty easily, but that was the MTM cans. Not sure I tried the Cabela's branded plastic boxes. I have actually gone back to all metal cans after trying the plastic ones for a while.

But ACT NOW and you can order 7 of the .50 cal metal cans and get them shipped for $13.50 each w/coupon 5TENOFF (min. $100 merchandise)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top