JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math"

In a lot of ways, so are all the ads for buying gold and silver. Silver is pretty useful stuff, you can make mirrors, electrical components, and braze steel parts together. Gold unless you're manufacturing spacecraft or complicated microelectronics is pretty useless.

There probably won't be a time in my lifetime that someone will present a federal reserve note and no one will take it.

Even then, if you want to get ahead of the curve, stock up on copper coil, and buy a press and have some dies made for making your own currency. In general the value of a coin is always greater than the base metal, this is because you know it's not adultered. Most people if you melted down a gold bar and mixed it 50/50 with copper and then cast it into new bars wouldn't know the difference.

Not to mention the tax you pay buying the gold (the seller charges a fee on the front end, or you are probably paying over spot), and then even if gold goes up to some insane value in the market, you're going to pay a tax again, because big gold buyers generally don't buy for spot price.

Again, it's a tax on people who are bad at math. Unless you're just crapping money and have absolutely nothing else to do with it.

I have some precious metals, but my question to the precious metals hawkers has always been, "If now is the time to exchange my fiat currency for precious metals then why are you so interested in exchanging your precious metal with my fiat currency"...o_O

And those metals may have usefulness now, but if it's the end of the world as we know it, no one will be rushing to get new iPhone and computers with silver circuitry, making them worthless for anything but currency. which will be useless in a bartering society.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top