Oregon Rifleworks
Gun Deals
J&B Firearm Sales
Low Price Guns
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Defensive Arts
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Butt plugs for pistol braces? Seriously.

Heyjoe

Reactions
What's a registered pistol?

From the "article":
"Now before you go fill your cart with butt plugs be in mind that Dirty J Designs is still awaiting confirmation from the ATF as to whether or not this modification to a brace is legal on registered pistols. "

BillM

Reactions
ATF's opinion has been that if you plug the hole you are creating a buttpad on the brace and
converting it to a buttstock. It's what they went after the guy in the midwest for---he had stuck
a crutch tip in the hole to "keep it from sliding in the safe"--ATF said he had created an illegal SBR.
From the OP's link:
"Now before you go fill your cart with butt plugs be in mind that Dirty J Designs is still awaiting confirmation from the ATF as to whether or not this modification to a brace is legal on registered pistols. So unless you want ATF agents at your doorstep asking you where you hid the butt plug then it’s probably best to stick with your standard pistol brace for now. "

Five bucks says ATF says NO.

OP
The Heretic
Reactions
ATF's opinion has been that if you plug the hole you are creating a buttpad on the brace and
converting it to a buttstock. It's what they went after the guy in the midwest for---he had stuck
a crutch tip in the hole to "keep it from sliding in the safe"--ATF said he had created an illegal SBR.
From the OP's link:
"Now before you go fill your cart with butt plugs be in mind that Dirty J Designs is still awaiting confirmation from the ATF as to whether or not this modification to a brace is legal on registered pistols. So unless you want ATF agents at your doorstep asking you where you hid the butt plug then it’s probably best to stick with your standard pistol brace for now. "

Five bucks says ATF says NO.
Yeah. The pistol brace on my Shockwave works well enough when it inadvertently winds up against my shoulder. I figure if SHTF I can fill it will silicone rubber if needed. Until then I don't need to tempt fate.

IatMHiG.png

Andy54Hawken

Reactions
  • Army
  • Law Around Here
So if I cover an unsightly hole in my butt....*
I now have a short barreled rifle or shotgun...?

*Said that way on purpose , to be funny...
However...I don't understand the reasoning that a covered opening transforms one class of firearms into another class of firearms.
Oh wait...I said "reasoning" in regards to a BATF ruling....that 'splains it...:eek::D
Andy

I fail to get the point anyway, with the 3D printed buttplug, unless the creator is implying the picatinny type lugs are the holy grail solution.
The end product is still slick like Teflon?
As others have said similarly, quit poking the effing bear.

While I agree, aren’t we the citizens supposed to be the bear?

We have become pussified, limp and flacid over the last 80 years.
Your quote and comment is correct.
However, my comments (planned that way) leave most wondering what the hell I'm really thinking, by what I say and how it's worded.
You make sense, I get that to be interpreted correctly. Myself, this is the internet, therefore, what I do say, keeps one thinking.

If I were to say my true feelings, I'd likely get banned, and/or labelled and categorized. ;)

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2016
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Army
  • National Rifle Association
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
Your quote and comment is correct.
However, my comments (planned that way) leave most wondering what the hell I'm really thinking, by what I say and how it's worded.
You make sense, I get that to be interpreted correctly. Myself, this is the internet, therefore, what I do say, keeps one thinking.

If I were to say my true feelings, I'd likely get banned, and/or labelled and categorized. ;)
Don’t say what you mean, mean what you say...o_Oo_Oo_O:p

UPCOMING EVENTS

Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!
North Fork Wolf Creek Rd public shooting lanes
N Fork Wolf Creek Rd, Oregon 97144, USA
ARPC Speed Steel
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club)
29999 Saddle Butte Rd, Shedd, OR 97377, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks
  • Centerfire Gunworks
    1.00 star(s)
    This shop is an extortion racket. It’s the only one in town and charges like a monopoly. He can’t fulfill commitments and he won’t provide estimates.
    • Emm
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I'd be a lot happier if they were closer to the Couve but they are definitely worth the drive Friendly staff and very competitive prices on ammo...
    • GWS
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    Tricounty Gun Club is an excellent place to practice, train, and compete with multiple shooting disciplines. Members have card key access to...
    • Whisky Tahoe

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS