Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Butt plugs for pistol braces? Seriously.

Reactions
What's a registered pistol?

From the "article":
"Now before you go fill your cart with butt plugs be in mind that Dirty J Designs is still awaiting confirmation from the ATF as to whether or not this modification to a brace is legal on registered pistols. "

BillM

Reactions
ATF's opinion has been that if you plug the hole you are creating a buttpad on the brace and
converting it to a buttstock. It's what they went after the guy in the midwest for---he had stuck
a crutch tip in the hole to "keep it from sliding in the safe"--ATF said he had created an illegal SBR.
From the OP's link:
"Now before you go fill your cart with butt plugs be in mind that Dirty J Designs is still awaiting confirmation from the ATF as to whether or not this modification to a brace is legal on registered pistols. So unless you want ATF agents at your doorstep asking you where you hid the butt plug then it’s probably best to stick with your standard pistol brace for now. "

Five bucks says ATF says NO.

OP
The Heretic
Reactions
ATF's opinion has been that if you plug the hole you are creating a buttpad on the brace and
converting it to a buttstock. It's what they went after the guy in the midwest for---he had stuck
a crutch tip in the hole to "keep it from sliding in the safe"--ATF said he had created an illegal SBR.
From the OP's link:
"Now before you go fill your cart with butt plugs be in mind that Dirty J Designs is still awaiting confirmation from the ATF as to whether or not this modification to a brace is legal on registered pistols. So unless you want ATF agents at your doorstep asking you where you hid the butt plug then it’s probably best to stick with your standard pistol brace for now. "

Five bucks says ATF says NO.
Yeah. The pistol brace on my Shockwave works well enough when it inadvertently winds up against my shoulder. I figure if SHTF I can fill it will silicone rubber if needed. Until then I don't need to tempt fate.

IatMHiG.png

AndyinEverson

Reactions
So if I cover an unsightly hole in my butt....*
I now have a short barreled rifle or shotgun...?

*Said that way on purpose , to be funny...
However...I don't understand the reasoning that a covered opening transforms one class of firearms into another class of firearms.
Oh wait...I said "reasoning" in regards to a BATF ruling....that 'splains it...:eek::D
Andy

While I agree, aren’t we the citizens supposed to be the bear?

We have become pussified, limp and flacid over the last 80 years.
Your quote and comment is correct.
However, my comments (planned that way) leave most wondering what the hell I'm really thinking, by what I say and how it's worded.
You make sense, I get that to be interpreted correctly. Myself, this is the internet, therefore, what I do say, keeps one thinking.

If I were to say my true feelings, I'd likely get banned, and/or labelled and categorized. ;)

Caveman Jim

Reactions
Your quote and comment is correct.
However, my comments (planned that way) leave most wondering what the hell I'm really thinking, by what I say and how it's worded.
You make sense, I get that to be interpreted correctly. Myself, this is the internet, therefore, what I do say, keeps one thinking.

If I were to say my true feelings, I'd likely get banned, and/or labelled and categorized. ;)
Don’t say what you mean, mean what you say...o_Oo_Oo_O:p

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley