JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its like wanting a Ferrari from the 1980's (like Magnum PI's Ferrari 308 GTS) only to find out that a modern midrange sedan has more horsepower and better handling. Plus it wont need to go to the shop every other month for crazy expensive parts. My entry level v6 Jeep has more horse power than that Ferrari with its twin turbo V8.

I've got news for you Bolus, when you reach that mid life crisis age, I guarantee you won't be standing in a Chrysler dealership contemplating buying a mid sized sedan because it's reliable and has those extra cup holders.
When I had to sell my late friends GT 308 Ferrari to pay inheritance taxes it was real sad day watching the new owner drive away.

Already got my mid life crisis car a while back. 1400 lbs and 400 hp. more power to weight than a Bugatti Veyron. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, well, that was before I added 100 hp. Ruins every other car.

220 mph in a veyron sipping tea... or 120 mph in an Atom with the category 3 hurricane windspeed trying to rip your helmet off as you breath in a mixture of smells of burnt fuel, hot metal brakes with a bit of sweet smelling coolant. Engine 3 inches from your head breathing fire, exhaust of the car in front of you so hot it singes the hair on your arms but then a cool blast when you rocket past them on the back straight at PIR.

IMG_3690.JPG

In USCG boot late 1975 I was the Right Handed Rifleman on the Color Guard. Did the commissioning of the Polar Star in Seattle before graduation in early 1976. I carried a Garand. Not one of those dinky plastic rifles.:p Highporting with a Garand did suck tho!:rolleyes:

We were issued Garands at Pensacola for marching and rifle drill training. No firing pins but we had to keep them spotless for those Marine DIs. Balance one on top of your hands with your arms stretched out parallel to the deck....that was "fun"... and "by Gawd you muthereffin collegeboyz better not drop your rifles cause you'll run the O course forwards and backwards! You hear ME? Aye Aye, Sir!"

Brutus Out

We were issued Garands at Pensacola for marching and rifle drill training. No firing pins but we had to keep them spotless for those Marine DIs. Balance one on top of your hands with your arms stretched out parallel to the deck....that was "fun"... and "by Gawd you muthereffin collegeboyz better not drop your rifles cause you'll run the O course forwards and backwards! You hear ME? Aye Aye, Sir!"

Brutus Out

Takes me back for sure!!! I was on the Rifle Drill Team company in boot. "Oscar" company... the only company that was all Garands. The others had plastic toy rifles. Speaking of balance, we spun ours. During the commissioning in Seattle, I missed by just a bit and broke my little finger on my right hand. I did NOT drop that rifle, nosiree! Never went to sick bay either. But during practice if we weren't up to snuff for the DI, it was "up, down, out, in, up, down, out, in" for miles and miles. Coast Guard boot is not for wimps or pussies. :D

In USCG boot late 1975 I was the Right Handed Rifleman on the Color Guard. Did the commissioning of the Polar Star in Seattle before graduation in early 1976. I carried a Garand. Not one of those dinky plastic rifles.:p Highporting with a Garand did suck tho!:rolleyes:

Yup - I remember them practicing and more than once somebody was left holding the bare action without a stock because the stock disintegrated. An AR would have not lasted 5 minutes under that kind of abuse. I felt sorry for the guys who had to highport with Garands.

We did a lot of "watching TV" and "changing channels" - that seemed to be their favorite punishment for groups (classes? I think they called them classes?).

Or, ten years in the grey bar hotel without the stamp.

A lightning link just seems like such a flimsy bit that might break, and the fact it's limited to working with specific Colt parts. If I am spending $10k plus on a little chunk of metal the DIAS seems like a better option

Just a few. After looking at the chart, you can see why I would want a cheaper Lightning Link that should, with a little adjustment fit into my SP1 Sporter.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top