JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to Sporting Systems gun store, Vancouver WA, for the BullShootin session this evening. NWFA member @pietro beretta was there as well. Tonight's topic was Target Shooting on Public Land. Guest speakers were DNR Law Enforcement Officer Scott Essman and the represenative for Cold Creek Trail Riders (Mtn Bikes). (Sorry, forgot his name).

Hopefully, Pietro will expand more, but the gist of it was all good, casual conversation of what goes on in Yacolt Burn State Forest (Larch Mntn area) for target shooting and other recreational activities in certain popular areas.

I spoke up (way too much!) about cleanups, shooting lane development goals and the Information Program (watch for some new members signing up on NWFA!!!).

One gentleman, Tim from Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products, offered to donate a 10 x 10 white pop up canopy for the DNR Target Shooter Information Program!!! Thanks Tim! He is also a member here but hasn't been on in a while. I wasn't there to do a fund or equipment raiser. Perhaps I should have mentioned that new 4 Wheel Drive I need in order to get to the booth or else the booth can't happen! Well that donation put us very close to opening the Info Booth in DNR real soon!

Here's some pics...
BullShootin 1.jpg

BullShootin 2.jpg

Yeah! It was a great time!!!

Thank you
Sporting Systems!

It was a very informative evening with some passionate shooters in attendance. We essentially went over the rules of shooting on DNR land with officer Essman.

There are a lot of great people that were there, I met a fellow target shooter that likes to shoot outdoors named Gary, I hope we see him join the forums soon.

The overall message that I came away with is: The shooting and hunting community feel left out. Target shooting in particular is getting the short end of the stick. Some shooting areas that people have gone to for years now have trails and are not fit for shooting anymore.

The hunting community is very concerned about safety during hunting season. There are mountain bikers and hikers that are not wearing bright clothing and simply don't understand that there are people out in the forest trying to score a deer.

There were a lot of passionate people who want support shooting sports that didn't know the NWFA community existed. We need to find passionate people like these to help with events and volunteer efforts.

A big thanks to Tim for that donation, stepped up right away when @Cogs mentioned the DNR information program, simply awesome.

Sporting Systems was a great host!

IMG_3035.JPG IMG_3051.JPG IMG_3052.JPG IMG_3036.JPG IMG_3054.JPG IMG_3055.JPG

A couple of the Jeep clubs I am following on Facebook and their own forums are also working on getting their own areas cleaned up They recently had a huge clean up at Ladee flats on April 9th https://www.facebook.com/groups/513263662141430/

There is another one planned for the 7th in the big burn area near Vancouver
I heard of the Ladee cleanup while at the DNR Trail Advisory Group meeting Thursday eve. The Vancouver Piston's Wild group, and another 4x4 group from here went down to help. 4500 lbs! Good work!

The May 7th event is in WA, Yacolt Burn State Forest. It's called "Pick Up the Burn". It's a big one where 150 to 200 people converge on Larch Mtn to clean up the whole mountain in one day. All recreation groups participate in this one. It was started years back by Piston's Wild and DNR. They have a big BBQ and raffle off prizes. A lot of great folks and a really good time. I'll be posting about it, in the Community Outreach section, soon.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention!

Cogs

I just thought it would be good to network in some of the other people that use the same areas. If it werent for my job being 6 days a week all through construction season I would join in. Maybe once the Willys is finished and my one day off isn't taken up with building it I can help out.

It was a very informative evening with some passionate shooters in attendance. We essentially went over the rules of shooting on DNR land with officer Essman.

There are a lot of great people that were there, I met a fellow target shooter that likes to shoot outdoors named Gary, I hope we see him join the forums soon.

The overall message that I came away with is: The shooting and hunting community feel left out. Target shooting in particular is getting the short end of the stick. Some shooting areas that people have gone to for years now have trails and are not fit for shooting anymore.

The hunting community is very concerned about safety during hunting season. There are mountain bikers and hikers that are not wearing bright clothing and simply don't understand that there are people out in the forest trying to score a deer.

There were a lot of passionate people who want support shooting sports that didn't know the NWFA community existed. We need to find passionate people like these to help with events and volunteer efforts.

A big thanks to Tim for that donation, stepped up right away when @Cogs mentioned the DNR information program, simply awesome.

View attachment 288450 View attachment 288451 View attachment 288452 View attachment 288453 View attachment 288454 View attachment 288455

Went to Sporting Systems gun store, Vancouver WA, for the BullShootin session this evening. NWFA member @pietro beretta was there as well. Tonight's topic was Target Shooting on Public Land. Guest speakers were DNR Law Enforcement Officer Scott Essman and the represenative for Cold Creek Trail Riders (Mtn Bikes). (Sorry, forgot his name).

Hopefully, Pietro will expand more, but the gist of it was all good, casual conversation of what goes on in Yacolt Burn State Forest (Larch Mntn area) for target shooting and other recreational activities in certain popular areas.

I spoke up (way too much!) about cleanups, shooting lane development goals and the Information Program (watch for some new members signing up on NWFA!!!).

One gentleman, Tim from Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products, offered to donate a 10 x 10 white pop up canopy for the DNR Target Shooter Information Program!!! Thanks Tim! He is also a member here but hasn't been on in a while. I wasn't there to do a fund or equipment raiser. Perhaps I should have mentioned that new 4 Wheel Drive I need in order to get to the booth or else the booth can't happen! Well that donation put us very close to opening the Info Booth in DNR real soon!

Here's some pics...
View attachment 288443

View attachment 288444

Yeah! It was a great time!!!

Thank you
Sporting Systems!

View attachment 288450 View attachment 288451 View attachment 288452 View attachment 288453 View attachment 288454 View attachment 288455
Hello, quick question is there a information source that shows places to shoot on public land in Clark county or close to? It's really hard to know. I have these GPS locations that look good from google maps they are only locations I've seen on shot at.
Or does anyone out there know places they have shot at? If so could you give the GPS locations or addresses? My wife and I need to practice.
(45.7504352, -122.3667432)
(45.7587050, -122.3760964)
(45.7053439, -122.3699411)
(45.7158455, -122.3558391)

Hello, quick question is there a information source that shows places to shoot on public land in Clark county or close to? It's really hard to know. I have these GPS locations that look good from google maps they are only locations I've seen on shot at.
Or does anyone out there know places they have shot at? If so could you give the GPS locations or addresses? My wife and I need to practice.
(45.7504352, -122.3667432)
(45.7587050, -122.3760964)
(45.7053439, -122.3699411)
(45.7158455, -122.3558391)
check www.trashnoland.org if you have not

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR